Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the flow rate for the 06-07 injectors are??? I know the 04-05's are around 330cc's :dontknow:

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man..... happen to know about a 08 zx14??? I heard they are 440's or something... I know the 06-07 14 is the same as the 10

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
No, but I don't know why they would change them, the 06-07 ZX14 injectors are good for 300hp?

redline uses 610cc Siemens Deka "shorty" injectors in the stock rail, with some sort of adapter. He might be able to help you. I've got them in my secondary rail, nice injectors, $65 each.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
06-07 zx14 - 330 cc
08+ zx14 - 440 cc

garth whats your plan on this 12 ?
I just really dont wanna run outta fuel and I dont want to be pushing the injectors to their max all the time.... I might keep the details of this motor the way I build it a secret on the interent :eek:ccasion1

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah.. I believe anything above 440cc, you'd need at least 70+ psi fuel pressure.
I wonder if they are running that high fuel pressure in the 08 14's.... well I want to run a 150lph walbrow pump that should do the job

·
Registered
363 Posts
Garth - in your new project thread you mentioned that you're running 06/07 injectors, and in this thread it looks like those injectors flow the same as the 04/05s at 330CC. Am I missing something, or why are you running the later injectors with the first gen motor?

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
I wonder if they are running that high fuel pressure in the 08 14's.... well I want to run a 150lph walbrow pump that should do the job
Im not sure if I remember it right.
But 06-07 zx14 fuel pressure plays around 41-45 psi.
I dont know bout the newer ones

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Garth - in your new project thread you mentioned that you're running 06/07 injectors, and in this thread it looks like those injectors flow the same as the 04/05s at 330CC. Am I missing something, or why are you running the later injectors with the first gen motor?
I'm looking to put 06-07 or even 08 injectors into my 12r, I have 06/07's in my 1st gen already but just wondering about cc's and such, I found some more info that the newer injectors not only have more holes but a different spray pattern, I'd love to get my hands on some 08 injectors for the 12r bu I know i can get a set of 06-07 10r/14r injectors dirt cheap!

I thikn for my application if I run the 06-07 injectors with a beefed up fuel pump and bump the pressure up a bit I'll have some good decent fueling, the hp range im shooting for shouldnt be anywhere close to max duty cycle... well off nitrous anyways lol.... those 440's seem real good to me though! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I'm looking to put 06-07 or even 08 injectors into my 12r, I have 06/07's in my 1st gen already but just wondering about cc's and such, I found some more info that the newer injectors not only have more holes but a different spray pattern, I'd love to get my hands on some 08 injectors for the 12r bu I know i can get a set of 06-07 10r/14r injectors dirt cheap!

I thikn for my application if I run the 06-07 injectors with a beefed up fuel pump and bump the pressure up a bit I'll have some good decent fueling, the hp range im shooting for shouldnt be anywhere close to max duty cycle... well off nitrous anyways lol.... those 440's seem real good to me though! :eek:ccasion1
If i am not mistaken the first gen injectors have more holes than the second gen injectors (12-8), but the spraying pattern is indeed different, and that's why KHI changed them.

Can you hook me up with some dirt cheap 06 injectors bud?
I also received the Garthhead but did not open the box yet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
fuel

Garth,

You want a 255lph fuel pump. Your stock pump is more then 150lph
get any pump for a mustang, they all will fit in your housing.

Better yet, get an external pump Bosh, don't have the part number but it's the same one that schnitz racing sells on their web sit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Injector flow rates 08 ZX10R

Hi,
While on the subject can anyone please tell me the flow rates of primary and secondary injectors on an 08 ZX10R.

Cheers

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmm thats a tough one for me, I haven't even seen anyone say a word about the secondary injectors. Maybe someone here has the data but maybe call up factory pro and ask if they know???

·
Registered
17 Posts
hmmm thats a tough one for me, I haven't even seen anyone say a word about the secondary injectors. Maybe someone here has the data but maybe call up factory pro and ask if they know???
Thanks for reply Garth

marc's guy was just an arse when I asked them... "propriety infomation"... yeah right !

Cheers
Bryce

1 - 20 of 21 Posts