Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a race bike that has the lefthand switch gear removed and the standard righthand gear still in place. Obvioulsly the laptimer switch has been removed, is there anyway of rigging a single push button up to worth the timer?

Also i would like to replace the standard righthand switch gear with a neater race style starter/kill switch. are there any inparticular that will plug straight into the loom?

I brought the bike in this state so not really sure on what i can do.

·
Registered
781 Posts
That timer is only as good as your finger, invest in an ultra xt lapper or another brand. If ou are worrying about hitting a button when your going down a straight at 1xxmph you are not focusing on your riding.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what you're saying and i have been looking into one of those GPS data logging laptiming devices like V-box and i think racelogic do one . I cant afford one of those yet so didnt know if it was easy to rig the switch up. Theres only a couple of tracks in the UK where you havent really got the time to remember to hit that button although the 10 does make them straights less of a rest that they used to be on the 750 :)

·
Registered
781 Posts
ultra xt lapper is like $180 no gps just a lapper that has a receiver for the beacon that is put out. You can get the lapper and transmitter for like $240 i think. Your just not going to get a constant time with your mind. There are a few cheaper ones, i use this one personally so i swear by it... inexpensive, tons of features, almost everyone has one so there is always a beacon out here.(states)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the Ultra XT and it worked great. This year I went bought one of those Starline GPS timers and it was worth it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ultra xt lapper is like $180 no gps just a lapper that has a receiver for the beacon that is put out. You can get the lapper and transmitter for like $240 i think. Your just not going to get a constant time with your mind. There are a few cheaper ones, i use this one personally so i swear by it... inexpensive, tons of features, almost everyone has one so there is always a beacon out here.(states)

In the Uk its a little harder, prices are higher for starters and it pains me to spend 200 pounds on a basic laptimer. Also on normal trackdays timing isnt allowed so no beacons to use.

I would like one of the Magnetic strip timers but again they are expensive and hard to find a distributer in the UK :(

any help with the killswitch?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts