Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, wondering if anyone has an engine apart and is able to get some basic dimensions for me please ? Looking for big end and small end diameters, thickness at both the big and small end, and the centre to centre length (big end to small end).

Reason being, I have a set of Pankl titanium rods that were made for the factory team racing the 91-95 ZX7R, and I'm curious as to whether they might be made to fit my 10. I"m not hopeful, but stranger things have happened ...

If anyone is curious, attached is a comparitive shot against a 7 kit 'long' rod.

Thanks in advnace,
Brian

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Go to Carrillo's web site and get their catalog, they list all those dimensions for the ZX10 rods they sell.

BTW, Crower rods are about $725 direct from Crower.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dsabat, exactly the information I was looking for ; unfortunately, not the result ! I see that Crower produce the rods in ti, no doubt beautiful parts but if steel is $795 I shudder to think what the price would be …

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
garth that sounds right

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Go to Carrillo's web site and get their catalog, they list all those dimensions for the ZX10 rods they sell.

BTW, Crower rods are about $725 direct from Crower.
what rods are those is that with the upgraded bolts???

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks dsabat, exactly the information I was looking for ; unfortunately, not the result ! I see that Crower produce the rods in ti, no doubt beautiful parts but if steel is $795 I shudder to think what the price would be …

Cheers,
Brian[/Q

Whats the difference between the ti rod and the 10s dimensions?
I got a nice set of carrillo H-beams with 8mm bolts from an 05 sitting here collecting dust if you need some good rods!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Cheers,
Brian[/Q

Whats the difference between the ti rod and the 10s dimensions?
I got a nice set of carrillo H-beams with 8mm bolts from an 05 sitting here collecting dust if you need some good rods!

Thanks mate, but unless they're ti it's not something I'd spend money on :smile:

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked crower how much I think they said if im not mistaken 3600 for the set.
Ye gods. I was told that the set I had for the 750 was $3k, but this is even worse ...

Plus, the Pankl items aren't actually that much lighter than stock, so we're not talking massive gains in terms of revving quickly (although strength is obviously another matter).

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts