Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I must say that as you have all said that the Brakes on my 07 are downright dangerous is thier anything that we can do to get Kawi to help us out on this matter I mean come on, why should we have to spend 11k on a bike then have to replace the brakes thats bullshit to me and I think that it is a somewhat possible liability to Kawi if someone gets in a accident because the brakes were mushed to shit. Maybe Im crazy but I believe that Kawi shoudl do something about this instead of us having to go out and replace them with another Kawi Models brakes..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I agree but there are $ lawers that will discount everything you come up with..try finding some zx 14 calipars or even r1 will work but the will need a lil machineing to work..Both mated with some good pads and braded lines and yer good ta go..I know personally that both work very well..

·
Registered
530 Posts
I totally agree, but good luck with getting them to do any kind of recompense. And that we had to replace them with calipers by the same maker, Tokico, with OTHER BRANDS same year Tokico's. That is just crazy.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What really really gets me is that the bike is a major production bike yes I understand that point so not everything is gonna be professional quailty, but I have a 2004 Z1000 and the brakes on that are better then the brakes on my ten and my z1 is 4k less then the damn ZX10 WTF! Isnt thier a Kawi Rep on here that can maybe help us out?????????? I dont want to spend the money on better brakes and I dont feel like I should have to, but maybe thats just the way the terd floats.

·
Registered
236 Posts
:deadhorse

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,771 Posts
The problem is that what you're complaining about is a subjective observation. The stock brakes are far from dangerous, they just "feel" like it. Regardless of the fact that LOTS of people agree that the brakes feel like crap, there are probally some people who like that feeling and Kawi isn't going to do anything about it. You're going to have to pony up like the rest of us unfortunately.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Mr SKYDORK that was just the answer that I figured I was gonna get so I guess I am shit outta luck....... Thank you much for all your answers though regardless of how cynical or sarcastic......:rolleyes::cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was wonderin if that would help, I went for a ride with my dad the other day he has a triump speed triple 07, nissin calipers with SS line, Ill tell you what I almost flipped frontward on that thing after riden the ten hard.. Oh well though Ima just try some lines first I really dont have the cash for new calipers just yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts