Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! I have a 2005 ZX10R which I have recently turned into a track bike. The stock from Tokyo Calipers are not doing the job. People say that certain other makes calipers fit and solve this problem. Any experience with this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After going thru the forum I found that a majority is saying the ZX6R or ZX14R Nissan Calipers. It was said that from 07-14 model calipers for the ZX6R and ZX14R are the same. I found a 2013 set of Nissan Calipers in mint condition. however the actual appearance differs from the 2012 calipers.

My question:
Is this difference just cosmetic, weight savings? or are the 2012 and 2013 ZX6R/ZX14R calipers different?

·
Registered
200 Posts
IT'S NOT THE CALIPERS

Sorry to shout but this is always the first thing people look at, whilst they overlook the brake fluid pump attached to the lever they actually pull to activate the brakes.

Change the master cylinder...Night and day difference on any Japanese bike, and cheaper than callipers.

Recommended order of upgrading brakes.

Fluid (use good quality Motul RBF 660 or other Dot 5.1)
Pads (Use decent sintered pads like SBS, Brembo)...If dry track only...Try carbon brake pads...You need to bed them in.
Braided brake lines (Goodridge, HEL they're basically all the same).

After all that, do the master cylinder...Accossata...Brembo...AP Racing...Unless you are a top level racer they're all the same and all better than stock.

Next discs...Personally I would just use Brembo.

Lastly callipers...Again Brembo or AP Racing...But this is serious performance level that I'd argue most don't need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.