Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I'm contemplating on this decision. Can you guys give me any pros and cons or any insights at all on this? The z1000 has:
Yoshimura R77 Dual Carbon Fiber Exhaust
DynoJet Power Commander V (Fuel Map)
DynoJet Autotune (realtime adjust)
Healtech Gipro-X Gear Indicator
Ivans Fuel Cut Eliminator (FCE) FCE-003
Healtech Speedohealer V4
Pirelli Angel GT
Puig engine slider ,Adjustable Levers
Evotech Radiator Guard
K&N Washable Air Filter High-Flow
Brand new racing brake pads front and rear
PBR Front sprocket 16 teeth (from 15)
Tank Protector, LED Taillight
Osram H7 Nightbreakers headlights
Hella Horns, Exhaust Thermal Wrap
Seat cowl and Zero gravity windshield
New spark plugs

While my zx10r has:
Puig double bubble
Tail tidy
Sp engineering trioval exhaust
Adjustable levers
Steering damper

Thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
They are different bikes designed for different purposes. The zx10 is designed to get around a race track as fast as possible while the z1000 is designed to be a comfortable and powerful street bike. The z1000 makes more power down low where you can actually use it on the street. If you only ride the street and aren't trying to take turns at 45 degree lean angle, get the z1000. Not to mention, the zx10 is 11 years old.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i'm trying to sell or trade my 10r for a z1000. I really like the styling of the gen 3. Also the position and the low end torque would be nice. I don't feel like i need any more low end torque than the zx10r though, but more is better i guess? More comfy is good too. I'll try to look for someone in my area that has a z1000 so i can test ride.

·
Registered
569 Posts
It makes more torque sooner. So you don't have to rev it real high to accelerate fast. It has more usable power on the street.

That being said, I would probably get a Versys 1000, Ninja 1000, Tuono Factory, FJ09, or GSXS1000F. I have had several naked bikes, and they are not fun on the highway, at all. These bikes offer more wind protection and comfort, while still being semi naked (Except for the ninja 1000).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was finally able to test ride a 2015 Z1. Wasn't able to push it that hard. But serms like my bike has more punch from even full stop? Or maybe because my bike has a louder exhaust and his is stock, so it seems like my bike is giving the illusion of being fast? I only got to 60kmph on the z1 though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.