Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help. I just got a set of 09zx6r nissin calipers complete with master cylinder and was wondering if I could use my original zx10r cylinder? as the lever and reservoir and lever is damaged on the zx6r master cylinder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better
isnt the cylender on the zx10r a radial unit? I can use the zx6 one but it means I will have to get a lever for it as I dont think the 10s lever will fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
 

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
Joined
·
11,423 Posts
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
:+1:.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!:lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:+1:.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!:lol:
Checking ebay now for a lever however I did fit the calipers and went for a ride to bed the pads in. Much better but I think I will really notice the upgrade on the track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put braided lines on and zx14 calipers and that is it, and 85% improvement or better.
Yep its a good mod my zx10r has them but the original calipers and master cylinder are shit! so I now have the same calipers as the zx14/zx6. just dont know why zx10 didnt come with these as standard?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top