Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help. I just got a set of 09zx6r nissin calipers complete with master cylinder and was wondering if I could use my original zx10r cylinder? as the lever and reservoir and lever is damaged on the zx6r master cylinder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would just buy another master cylinder. you will like the feel of a radial master cylinder better
isnt the cylender on the zx10r a radial unit? I can use the zx6 one but it means I will have to get a lever for it as I dont think the 10s lever will fit?

·
Registered
61 Posts
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
no its not radial, the whole point in going to zx6 brakes and master cylinder is because the radial cylinder is better than the first gens non radial
:+1:.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:+1:.....Exactly!! I think 40% the upgrade is the calipers and the other 60% goes to the radial master. mucho improvemento!!:lol:
Checking ebay now for a lever however I did fit the calipers and went for a ride to bed the pads in. Much better but I think I will really notice the upgrade on the track.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put braided lines on and zx14 calipers and that is it, and 85% improvement or better.
Yep its a good mod my zx10r has them but the original calipers and master cylinder are shit! so I now have the same calipers as the zx14/zx6. just dont know why zx10 didnt come with these as standard?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts