Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello: okay guys this is my first post on this site and i just wanted to let everyone know that i absolutley love this site and have learned tons of this about my bike. I've had my 05 zx10r for about a year and recently all my friends started buying gsxr's, yea i know lol, but anyways my buddy johnathan really hurt my feelings when his 05 gsxr1000 waxed my @ss and i mean waxed every race. His bikes completely stock. THere all getting newer bikes and i want to be able to possibly be the fastest if possible. I can hang with the newer gsxr 1000's but not the 05 which kinda pisses me off lol. So im getting mod fever and really want to up my hp and speed. Me loosing weight is out of the question i weigh 188 and im 6'4". Right now i have a yoshi slip on, k&n, and secondaries removed. I dont really want to change my gearing b/c we ride hwys alot so thats out. I just ordered a pc3 today and im really looking into a full exhaust. Any suggestions on the type of full exhaust and which ones have the biggest hp gains. also after i get a full exhaust what should i do before i get a custom dyno. I was thinking about putting a different intake cam and the thinner headgasket on it but wanted to wait later on down the road for that. Would i need to get it re dynoed if i waited. I just want any mod thats relatively cheap (under $500) to be on my bike before i get it dynoed. Im not loaded ill just save my money and wait lol. thanks for the input guys yal are great :smile:

·
Registered
226 Posts
You got waxed in every race? What kind of race? How much is due to the bike and how much to the rider?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Kinda curious about what kind of race y'all were doing? 1/5 throttle mod is a must and depending on how stupidly fast you like to go, change up the gearing, -1 +2 or 3. That will get you off the line a shit ton faster and improve low and mid range. Shouldn't cost more that 175 bucks either.

Try painting it black too. It's the fastest color.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Dude,My old Gixxer 1000 2k5 maked 157whp.Slip-on,bmc Filter,Pc3 custom tuned!I sold them!Now,Zx10 2k5,full exhaust Akrapovic Evo,bmc filter,pc3,dynojet map-first dyno run:161whp,Run 2-custom tuned:173 whp!stock gearing!Bye Bye Gixxxxxer!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
05 gixxers are fast in any kind of race.
they aint no joke.
x2... but to the thread starter i would suggest regearing the bike -1 to start and if thats not good enough go up +2 or 3 in the back, this will improve your low/mid range power and help you jump out in front of them gixxers and wax there ass's :zx_green:

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
To OP this has been covered pretty well but look for an Akrapovic, Arrow, Arata, Beet, Leo Vince or any one of the other top line exhaust. Yes you will need a 2nd dyno tune if you decide to do cam and head gasket later.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
:hello: okay guys this is my first post on this site and i just wanted to let everyone know that i absolutley love this site and have learned tons of this about my bike. I've had my 05 zx10r for about a year and recently all my friends started buying gsxr's, yea i know lol, but anyways my buddy johnathan really hurt my feelings when his 05 gsxr1000 waxed my @ss and i mean waxed every race. His bikes completely stock. THere all getting newer bikes and i want to be able to possibly be the fastest if possible. I can hang with the newer gsxr 1000's but not the 05 which kinda pisses me off lol. So im getting mod fever and really want to up my hp and speed. Me loosing weight is out of the question i weigh 188 and im 6'4". Right now i have a yoshi slip on, k&n, and secondaries removed. I dont really want to change my gearing b/c we ride hwys alot so thats out. I just ordered a pc3 today and im really looking into a full exhaust. Any suggestions on the type of full exhaust and which ones have the biggest hp gains. also after i get a full exhaust what should i do before i get a custom dyno. I was thinking about putting a different intake cam and the thinner headgasket on it but wanted to wait later on down the road for that. Would i need to get it re dynoed if i waited. I just want any mod thats relatively cheap (under $500) to be on my bike before i get it dynoed. Im not loaded ill just save my money and wait lol. thanks for the input guys yal are great :smile:
Mod #1 First off you're running extremely lean with the secondaries removed, filter, and slip-on (possibly hurting your torque and not gaining much hp). You have to add more fuel to the mix, so first off you need a pc3 to get anywhere with what you already have and what is to come.

Mod #2 & #3 Gut your Cat (biggest mod difference outside full exhaust). Front sprocket down one tooth at least. I know your against it and I was too until i lowered mine -1 +2. You will fly past anyone with these 6 mods (secondaries removed, filter, slip-on, gutted cat, and gearing).

If you want more hp, get velocity stacks, smog block, X-TRE, for starters (these will also make a big difference).

Good luck :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kinda curious about what kind of race y'all were doing? 1/5 throttle mod is a must and depending on how stupidly fast you like to go, change up the gearing, -1 +2 or 3. That will get you off the line a shit ton faster and improve low and mid range. Shouldn't cost more that 175 bucks either.

Try painting it black too. It's the fastest color.
haha i almost painted it black but i like the titanium more. how many rpms are you turning at say 90. im thinking about -1 in the front but dont want to sacrifice to much top end. i like to go really fast :rockwoot:. whats the 1/5 throttle and how much will that help

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You got waxed in every race? What kind of race? How much is due to the bike and how much to the rider?
THe 05 gsxr def waxed me and it was stock. most races are roll ons in 2nd. after i hit about 4th he doesnt walk away from me anymore but by this time hes like 3-4 car lengths. off line the gsxr isnt as prone to standing up as my bike is i have to walk to clutch out to keep it down which hurts me. Hes lowered like an inch im stock hieght. the 07 didnt walk on me bad matter of fact i felt like i was gaining on him when i hit 4th but he quit before i caught him, my front was at his back tire when we stopped, now i found out hes telling everyone he spanked my ass fucking gsxr owners :suicide: they cocky as hell. but i ran a heavily modded 09 gsxr1000 and the 10 did pretty good considering the mods done to it, its was streched lowered, pc3, brocks full, and re geared. he would always stop at about 110, yet another shit talker he was about 3 car lengths in front of me and said he was waiting on me as in got off the gas i was like :bs:, if he wouldve got of the gas i wouldve passed him. and i promise its not me, i can ride pretty good rode dirtbikes all my life and was never a slouch.

·
Registered
222 Posts
full akrapovic and thin head gasket with a dyno tune on the pc3 should get you towards where you want to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To OP this has been covered pretty well but look for an Akrapovic, Arrow, Arata, Beet, Leo Vince or any one of the other top line exhaust. Yes you will need a 2nd dyno tune if you decide to do cam and head gasket later.
yea i know the exhuast was covered pretty well but just wanted to get more opinions lol. my b, but i was seriously considering the akrapovic. do you know by any chance what kind of gains the .02 head gasket and intake cam would get? thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mod #1 First off you're running extremely lean with the secondaries removed, filter, and slip-on (possibly hurting your torque and not gaining much hp). You have to add more fuel to the mix, so first off you need a pc3 to get anywhere with what you already have and what is to come.

Mod #2 & #3 Gut your Cat (biggest mod difference outside full exhaust). Front sprocket down one tooth at least. I know your against it and I was too until i lowered mine -1 +2. You will fly past anyone with these 6 mods (secondaries removed, filter, slip-on, gutted cat, and gearing).

If you want more hp, get velocity stacks, smog block, X-TRE, for starters (these will also make a big difference).

Good luck :thumbsup:
okay so im gonna take care of mod numer one i just ordered a pc3, im seriously thinking about -1 in the front. were are the rpms at on your bike with the -1 +2 at about 90mph and what do you think it would run at 90mph with just -1 in the front. whats the smog block and x-tre. volocity stacks improve the mid lows right? if so does it hurt the top end?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
yea i know the exhuast was covered pretty well but just wanted to get more opinions lol. my b, but i was seriously considering the akrapovic. do you know by any chance what kind of gains the .02 head gasket and intake cam would get? thanks
Sorry I don't know 1st hand but try searching through Garth's posts/topics. The gains will depend on which intake cam you get.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
full akrapovic and thin head gasket with a dyno tune on the pc3 should get you towards where you want to go.
okay sweet, what do you think it would run in the 1/4 not that im into dragging my bike just getting an idea. AND i just wanted to thank everyone for all the replys i shouldve started a long time ago. Yal are giving loads of good advice and im getting a really good idea about things to do next. im at 12000 miles do you guys think i should get the valves adjusted and new plugs before the dyno?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
okay so im gonna take care of mod numer one i just ordered a pc3, im seriously thinking about -1 in the front. were are the rpms at on your bike with the -1 +2 at about 90mph and what do you think it would run at 90mph with just -1 in the front. whats the smog block and x-tre. volocity stacks improve the mid lows right? if so does it hurt the top end?
I have a Gen3 so my tranny gears are a bit different than yours - also my rear sprocket stock is 41 tooth, your stock rear is 39. We both have stock 17 front. So my -1 +2 is 16/43. If you go -1 +2 that's 16/41.

My RPMs are roughly:
5,000 (65mph in 6th gear)
6,000 (65mph in 3rd gear)
10,000 (105mph in 2nd gear)

Some run my setup on the track, but it's more of a 1/4 mile setup with a max speed of 160 (check the strip forums, they have it down)

X-TRE & smog blocks are explained on other threads.

Edit - 10,000 RPM is 105mph in 2nd gear, not 3rd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts