Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ima be racing my baby 05 zx10r on saturday..i have a bmc filter, lowered 2 in the front and 2 in the back, 1/5 throttle, and i have a 1 tooth down in front sprocket comin anyday and i weigh 140 pounds soaking wet...is there anything else i can do to get a 9 second pass...should i lower it anymore??..maybe get a front strap??..

·
Registered
905 Posts
ok

nah...cant do that before saturday..
well you shouldve done it before. But you are most definitely not gonna get a 9.0 pass(Im sure you know that), you might get in the 9's, that is if you know your bike, know when and at what RPM to launch, lots of seat time, and your maintenance is somewhat up to date. Good luck, let us know how it goes

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Not gonna happen your first time out. Sorry man just don't want you to be disappointed. It takes a lot of practice to go 9's Swb

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im just atleast lookin for a 9.99999...i know its gonna be tough...just wondering what else i could do before saturday

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely strap the front end, makes a big difference. you may not get in the 9's first time out but it is possible. I went 9.97 lowered, strapped, with a slip on and i weigh 185 in street clothes. Practice Practice Practice! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah i know...practice,,practice,,practice...i ran my last 05 10r 4 times and thats been several years ago...i ordered a strap from schnitz racing for 30 bucks shipped

·
Registered
137 Posts
Strap it of course. less fork travel so more energy transferred to the ground. Second i know it sounds dumb but a drag seat. That way you don't slide back and your weight stays on the tank. You can also remove your secondary butterfly valves. The tire pressure is another thing. too much air out and you will slow down your bike. Also an Ivan's TRE. I run a continental drag tech tire. I know alot of people don't like conti but this tire is so soft and grips like no other. no wheel spin. I weigh 220 and i can pull under 6.30 in eighth on a bad day right about 110 115. Alot of people dont do this but also tighten you chain just a little bit more. The slack in the chain will slow you down.

·
Registered
322 Posts
the launch is where is at if you cant launch you wont get a decent time. maybe changing the rear sprocket up a few teeth also.....

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Not gonna happen your first time out. Sorry man just don't want you to be disappointed. It takes a lot of practice to go 9's Swb
I don't agree. the very first time out for me. I had a strap and a slip on that was it. and I went a 10.00 my very first pass stock gear. 2nd pass was a 9.96. so you got a good chance to go 9's your first day. your right about the same weight as i am.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts