Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy just bought a 09 r1 tonight, i rode it home for him since he has no lisence....my question is will i beat him in a race?? he let me beat on it a little on the ride home and i must say my gen 1 seems to pull way harder....his bike is stock, my bike has just a slip-on...can someone tell me what im looking at. it will be a while before we race but it will happen eventually and just wanna know where we stand

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
buddy just bought a 09 r1 tonight, i rode it home for him since he has no lisence....my question is will i beat him in a race?? he let me beat on it a little on the ride home and i must say my gen 1 seems to pull way harder....his bike is stock, my bike has just a slip-on...can someone tell me what im looking at. it will be a while before we race but it will happen eventually and just wanna know where we stand
A 2009 modified R-1 is fast. The Stock R-1 2009 I think was the slowest of the Japanese shootout for 2009.

2005 Zx10 is a light weight brutally fast bike. The 2009 R-1 is a nice street bike but I think your bike is faster not just saying that because I am a kawi guy.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes its his first bike, dont wanna hear the whole bad decision bull crap if thats where its headed, hes very smart and will be fine. i dont forsee this race happening for atleast 6 months.....i havent taken anything off my bike yet, but i plan to do airfilter, full exhaust, pcv, and full tune here in the next few months

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah only reason why I ask this is cause if hes gettin ready to go high speeds on a r1 so fast just be careful.

theres a lot of variables about racing rider weight, bikes, tune, mods and so on.... only one way to find out!

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
yes its his first bike, dont wanna hear the whole bad decision bull crap if thats where its headed, hes very smart and will be fine. i dont forsee this race happening for atleast 6 months.....i havent taken anything off my bike yet, but i plan to do airfilter, full exhaust, pcv, and full tune here in the next few months
No license
you had to ride the bike home
6 month before he is good enough to race his 2009 R-1
He is very smart

:cartwheel:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No license
He is very smart

its far from his first fast machine...i only rode it home because it was a good distance away and has no license so it would be stupid to ride without one. im sure he will put 10k miles on the bike in that time frame anyways so yea 6 months will be good enough time. hes smart guy, lol its funny how some people are on here

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Why did he not ride the bike home?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah only reason why I ask this is cause if hes gettin ready to go high speeds on a r1 so fast just be careful.

theres a lot of variables about racing rider weight, bikes, tune, mods and so on.... only one way to find out!

no disrespect at all garth hope i didnt come off like that. his bike is comfy to ride just really didnt feel like it had near the pull my gen 1 has. i just rode 3rd gear out starting at 70-redline and then came home and did it on mine and our gen1s feel fast as shit

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why did he not ride the bike home?

because he didnt want to ride on the highway or in highly congested areas with no lisence..we rode around our neighborhood for a few minutes once we got home just cuz he had to. but riding without a lisence is illegal so he opted to not take the chance on the highway

·
Registered
610 Posts
No license
He is very smart

:+1:
Thats exactly what I was thinking.

To the op - Stock vs stock on paper you might beat him. In real life, only one way to find out. Also, with the list of mods you are planning, you will have an edge.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
its far from his first fast machine...i only rode it home because it was a good distance away and has no license so it would be stupid to ride without one. im sure he will put 10k miles on the bike in that time frame anyways so yea 6 months will be good enough time. hes smart guy, lol its funny how some people are on here

10K on the bike in 6 months. Dude you are exposing yourself.

I doubt the guys in Florida are doing that much ridding.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hes getting his lisence this weekend....and 10k isnt hard, i put 11k on my old bike in 6 months, my group of people enjoy riding and riding alot, alot more than others...its cool i get ya point he wont be up to your standerds in 6 months, not the question i asked nor care to talk about any more, later.....thankyou to the people that answered the question at hand

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
because he didnt want to ride on the highway or in highly congested areas with no lisence..we rode around our neighborhood for a few minutes once we got home just cuz he had to. but riding without a lisence is illegal so he opted to not take the chance on the highway
Dude stop you are killing me... Your talking about legal but your gonna race in 6 months which I doubt will happen. Your just all hyped up and its all good.

Your buddy was not confident enough to ride the bike home. No way he will be good enough in 6 months, even if he slept on the bike with the motor running.

I am not the a hole you think I am.

Your young bikes are exciting and you want to race; all good just becareful.

Do you have your license?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
hes getting his lisence this weekend....and 10k isnt hard, i put 11k on my old bike in 6 months, my group of people enjoy riding and riding alot, alot more than others...its cool i get ya point he wont be up to your standerds in 6 months, not the question i asked nor care to talk about any more, later.....thankyou to the people that answered the question at hand

Dude just be careful and wear all your gear.

Up to my standards is being safe and responsible. I was young once.

Becareful and have fun.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
heheh see this is were your wrong, you just think you know all and are always right, in all honesty your far from it....talking bout legal yes i have had mine for 4 years now, and u talking about street racing, lets all be honest im sure every person on here and who has ever been on a bike has cracked the throttle more than once on the street....2nd he was plenty confident to ride the bike home and to ride the bike right this second if he wanted to, its just not worth taking the risk on something that you now own when you can wait a few days and do it legal....im far from an asshole either i just hate when people say stuff like this..but its all good it is what it is

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat attitude man.......:headshake....and where are you located that you can AND do put 11K on a bike in 6 months?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts