Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up an 05 zx10 and 2nd day i had it i was taking off and at 80mph it started sputering like it was running out of gas then just started running crappy and sounding like a suburu. So it ran crappy for awhile and then it came outta it. n then off n on it would go into it n then come outta it. But now recently its just been running crappy all the time. It has no power. Its almost like its miss firing or somthing i dont know. I ran sea foam cleaner threw the gas n didnt do a thing. i pulled the injectors tonight and sprayed carb cleaner in them. Havnt put it back together yet to see if that helped but any help would be nice. N im new to this website so sorry if i posted it in the wrong place. thanks

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
spark plugs?

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Fuel pump is gone...plugs are probably due for a change also.
That is my first guess as well...never happened to my bike yet(knock on wood) but seen the symptom in person when driving my truck and seen a 1st Gen stranded on the side of the road, asked the rider if he was out of gas or needed a hand and he said no my fuel pump is just going out.....he got the bike started and it started to sputter real bad then all of a sudden it took off fast and he was on his way.....not to mentioned he opened the bike up hard though and went on his way on 1 Wheel first. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Thanks guys for the help. I got a buddy that has the same bike im gonna try swapping tanks with him to see for sure if its the fuel pump. If not ill try spark plugs after.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Okay Thanks guys for the help. I got a buddy that has the same bike im gonna try swapping tanks with him to see for sure if its the fuel pump. If not ill try spark plugs after.
Good deal and very smart it's always better to change out the easy stuff first. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
See if your fuel line has a kink too. Same symptoms if it is. In the service manual, downloadable on here, it gives all the stick coil, alternator, etc checks/how to's. Good luck and hopefully just the pump like you said. Easiest check.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
fixxed!

Finally found the problem. I least its fixed anyways. Felt the headers and one header was cold so ripped it apart n pulled the coil pack off and then plugged it back in and now its working perfectly:) We think it was the wire not connected all the way cus the wire to the coil pack went on really hard and came off easyer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally found the problem. I least its fixed anyways. Felt the headers and one header was cold so ripped it apart n pulled the coil pack off and then plugged it back in and now its working perfectly:) We think it was the wire not connected all the way cus the wire to the coil pack went on really hard and came off easyer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts