Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
just bought a wrecked zx10 and i`m having a hard time getting it running. i`m in need of a wiring diagram for it. the bike had some damage to the main harness and the ecu had been stolen. i picked up a used harness and ecu on ebay. i had the bike run for about 15 seconds and have not since been able to get it running again. i`d like to bypass the tip over sensor because i suspect it. i have spark but no injector pulse or fuel pressure. if anybody could offer advise (especially on how to bypass the tip over sensor) or a wiring diagram it would be much appreciated. thanks, cory

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot to ask does any one know if the tip over shuts down the pump and injectors? if not maybe i am barking up the wrong tree? thanks, cory

·
Registered
8 Posts
i forgot to ask does any one know if the tip over shuts down the pump and injectors? if not maybe i am barking up the wrong tree? thanks, cory
Tip over sensor definitely shut down the pump. But, if you turn off the kill switch then back on, it should reset the tos.
Since it was wrecked, you need to find the tos and make certain that it is in the proper orientation. Once it's right side up, turn the key on, cycle the kill switch and it should start the fuel pump immediately. Start the engine and enjoy!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. according to the manual that cooljc pointed out the tip over sensor shuts down fuel and spark so it isn`t the tip over sensor. i think i`m on the right track now just need to find the time to get out to the garage and get at it. i`ll post the results. cory

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no i don`t have a cluster. it was likely stolen by the same jerk who took the battery and ecu. thanks, cory

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if i was planning on keeping this bike i would gladly buy a cluster but i just want to get it running so i know the engine is ok before i part the bike out. thanks, cory

1 - 9 of 9 Posts