Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fellas? I am new to the forum & just would like to hello. I own a 05 ZX-10 & was looking for some info on some racing cams. Want to install some web cams,thinner head gasket and bump up the comp. Looking to get an extra 20RWHP. Any recommendations

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
:welcome:
Nice 10 man!!......super clean!!.....
don't bother with the ex race cam....you'll lose hp!!
but you should see signifigant gains with the race intake cam and a thin HG...
20.....?........probably more like 12-15.......but hey ya never know..?..........its all in the tune, ya know.?

·
Registered
708 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome: and orient express sells a nice cam 4 our bike I think it's the web cam you spoke of.:badteeth:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:+1: on the good looking bike. 20hp is going to take more than a cam and head gasket. Full out head work with full on cams and a 3mill bore will get you closer. As far as compression goes, the thin head gasket will raise it a little bit but for those kinds of gains, you will need a decked head but you may be running a volatile compression by then. I wouldn't suggest decking the head because you are going to end up rebuilding the engine before you know it. However you will get a decent gain with cams and head gasket (~10hp on a good day).

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Nice bike!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:+1: on the good looking bike. 20hp is going to take more than a cam and head gasket. Full out head work with full on cams and a 3mill bore will get you closer. As far as compression goes, the thin head gasket will raise it a little bit but for those kinds of gains, you will need a decked head but you may be running a volatile compression by then. I wouldn't suggest decking the head because you are going to end up rebuilding the engine before you know it. However you will get a decent gain with cams and head gasket (~10hp on a good day).
Currently got 167rwhp w/ stock swingarm on pump gas. 159rwhp w/ 240 kit. tryin to be at 185 rwhp w/ stock swingarm. My bro has a 07 gixxer1000 and just got 185 w/ Web cam, port & polish ,thinner hd, stock air filter. exhaust and tuned

·
Registered
318 Posts
Call Del's Performance or Carpenter or even Ivan since you are up north...

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:welcome: and am I mistaken in that we have another peep from the HUGE state of Maine?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not to many choices on cams... orientexpress does sell the regrind web cams... not much gain there... just a little more duration... http://www.orientexpress.com/Kawasaki/Sport/ZX+10R+Ninja/Camshafts/ look at webs site... http://www.webcamshafts.com/ they make a much more radical cam... the 04 05 cam looks like a some what similar profile to the kaw intake race cam with a much better exhaust cam... the factory kaw race cam you can't get at the moment... it's about a two week turn around for web using yours as a cores... the other choice is megacycle cams through carpenter racing... but they couldn't give me a date... maybe a month maybe two so I went with web on my 07... hope to have it running in a few more weeks...

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Carpenter's cams are megacycle... Cycle concepts uses web cams...

Remember you are on a 10 and not a gixxer. They generally get more power than the 10s. So don't expect to be hp for hp when it comes to modding the two. There is a lot of R and D that gets done on the Zuks. And somehow they get more power out of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts