Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have just purchased a Maxton GP7 rear shock and am awaiting a Brembo master cylinder for the front brakes.(Already have HEL lines fitted).
Now, is it the best idea to get the front forks re-valved etc or just adjust them as they are???
Thanks for any help.
You guys on here are so full of the best ideas for the ZX10R. :eek:ccasion1
Pete.

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
That shock looks yummy.
Nice 10R in your avatar.
I love my Gen1.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You'll notice a ton of difference with just the rear installed but I would do all at once so you are shortening your bikes downtime. I sent my forks off on my racer and it took a couple weeks to get them back. What a difference though.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Never heard of that shock, how would some say it compares to a Penske or Ohlins?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
getting them re-valved is a pretty good upgrade usually runs about $600

·
Registered
777 Posts
I had very good results from the stock suspension, but I changed out the rear shock as well. I'm still riding on stock forks with no problems, but I'll probably revalve them when I tear them down over the winter. It really depends on your weight and your intended use - are you hitting the track or just staying on the street?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for feed back guys. :thumbsup:

I paid £500. I got it off ZX10R.co.uk forum. Only a month old, RRP is around £800.

I will ride mainly on the road, but hard and fast, occasional track day.
At the moment I am waiting for a double banjo light switch to go in to the Brembo 19x20 master cylinder I just bought. (from the UK zx 10 forum).

Thanks again.
Pete.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Thanks for feed back guys. :thumbsup:

I paid £500. I got it off ZX10R.co.uk forum. Only a month old, RRP is around £800.

I will ride mainly on the road, but hard and fast, occasional track day.
At the moment I am waiting for a double banjo light switch to go in to the Brembo 19x20 master cylinder I just bought. (from the UK zx 10 forum).

Thanks again.
Pete.
I checked out that UK site. For some reason when I read their posts, I hear an accent in my head. And it isn't even the right damn accent! It sounds like Scottish/Australian or something :lol: I think I need some sleep :crackup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts