Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I noted last week that all the anchors of my tail fairing ('O5 ZX10R) were broken. So the rear light and the side panels of the tail were completely loose.

I repaired them all with epoxy glue and fiberglass. It looks OK so far.

Question: is that a known issue for the ZX10? Anybody else has had the same problem?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Hi there,

I noted last week that all the anchors of my tail fairing ('O5 ZX10R) were broken. So the rear light and the side panels of the tail were completely loose.

I repaired them all with epoxy glue and fiberglass. It looks OK so far.

Question: is that a known issue for the ZX10? Anybody else has had the same problem?
Yes, very common issue, it happens when you remove your plastic liscense plate bracket/turnsignal/fender. It is intregal to the support and mounting of the tail section, without it or block off plates, or bolts and plastic large washers to push the tail section up tight against the subframe from the bottom, it flops around and in time breaks the mounts to the tail light and top mounting tabs as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I noted the issue that the previous owner didn't take care of, and effectively bolted the tail section to the subframe during the repair. I hope it will solve the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts