Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The proposed 2005 AMA Superbike rules are set to be released for comment later this weekend at Mid-Ohio, according to AMA Pro Racing sources. This is one of the final steps in the confirmation of next year's rules.

Now, all the "stakeholders" (and steakholders) will have an opportunity to praise, complain, whine, moan, rhapsodize, theorize, blame, or just get their proverbial two cents in.
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Jul/e/n040724m.htm

This should be interesting

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And here they are...announced in between a 3-red-flagged supersport race...
The following rules change proposals were created utilizing input from AMA Pro Racing staff and the AMA Pro Road Race Advisory Board.

The proposals involve various technical and competition aspects of Superbike as well as the support classes; Supersport, Superstock, and Formula Xtreme.

Proposal 1

During the Daytona 200, a maximum of five working crew members would be allowed over the pit wall for pit stop service instead of the current four.

Proposal 2

During the Daytona 200, fire suits and goggles would be required for refueling personnel. In addition, engines would be stopped during refueling.

Proposal 3

For Superbike, Superstock and Formula Xtreme, any tires approved by the tire manufacturers for racing would be allowed. Supersport would retain current regulations.

Proposal 4

Entry restrictions on factory riders in Superbike and Superstock would be removed.

Proposal 5

Due to the quality of front fork structures on modern sport bikes, aftermarket fork braces would no longer be permitted in Superstock and Supersport.

Proposal 6

All helmets used by riders in on-track activities would be required to be equipped with a commercially-manufactured emergency helmet removal device such as the Hats Off® device or the Arai helmet removal device.
http://www.ussuperbike.com/article.php?aid=2662&UID=k1O5F2kgCfyqFJcGPIogKgnMYwtjXH

Not too bad...
BTW comments would be nice you guys :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
sp500 said:
I have no idea about AMA rules or any other for that matter. :eek:
Yeah. Since I'm not familiar with the rules, this doesn't mean a whole lot to me. The obvious safety stuff is cool, but removing restriction on factory riders? I don't know what the restrictions are, let alone what they are trying achieve with each class, so opening my mouth would merely serve to catch a foot at this point.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xusia, in 2004 AMA put a restriction on factory riders by not allowing them to do both superstock and superbike.
This was removed in trying to get more factory teams(Kawasaki and Yamaha).

·
Registered
569 Posts
kawiman88 said:
Xusia, in 2004 AMA put a restriction on factory riders by not allowing them to do both superstock and superbike.
This was removed in trying to get more factory teams(Kawasaki and Yamaha).
Well that was L A M E!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts