Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

I'm currently bolting together a track bike, an 05 that I bought as a wreck. Down to just the suspension, tyres and then a bit of tuning. Wondering if someone can help me out..

I've got a guy to set up the suspension, but wondered what sort of rider weight the stock suspension is good for? I'm around 198lbs, and my old cbr bottomed out on hard braking so wondered if the stock setup would be good enough or if I'd need to make a few changes? I'm totally green when it comes to suspension :confused:

cheers!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
At 198 the stock springs will be to soft. Does your weight include leathers if not you will be heavier. I am 200 without leathers 235 with leathers the stock suspension would bottom out under hard braking causing a tank slapper. I went with Race Tech 1.1 springs and gold valves and the suspension works great. I was able to retain the rear spring and just gold valve the rear shock. Really transformed the bike into a much better track bike the Race tech parts make the suspension work more smoothly giving much better feed back than the stock suspension. My cost to do the mods was 750.00

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At 198 the stock springs will be to soft. Does you weight include leathers if not you will be heavier. I am 200 without leathers 235 with leathers the stock suspension would bottom out under hard braking causing a tank slapper. I went with Race Tech 1.1 springs and gold valves and the suspension works great. I was able to retain the rear spring and just gold valve the rear shock. Really transformed the bike into a much better track bike the Race tech parts make the suspension work more smoothly giving much better feed back than the stock suspension. My cost to do the mods was 750.00
thanks for that, yeah that's 200 without gear so looks like I'd be after a similar setup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts