Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some good advice. I am going to purchase a steering damper for the 05 this year. What is a good one to buy? Does the old saying-you get what you ay for hold true? How many bills am I looking at?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I need some good advice. I am going to purchase a steering damper for the 05 this year. What is a good one to buy? Does the old saying-you get what you ay for hold true? How many bills am I looking at?
For me it was all about the Scott's. Hell of a damper from what I have read. But now I am looking at the HyperPro Active damper. Kinda reminds me of the Honda Electronic Steering Damper (H.E.S.D.) but it is a non-rotary style. Either one of these dampers will run you around 440 or so plus shipping. PM me if you want a link of where I have been eyeballing them at these prices.

·
Registered
262 Posts
i have a scotts on my bike, works great and looks really good in my opinion, if you live in a high theft area i hear they are easier to take off the bike in comparison to an ohlins because its pretty much only like 8 little screws to take it off.. still not a 1 minute job but something to think about

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've got a GPR and a aftermarket Ohlins for sale
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=83439

And to be honest I would say the Scott's, thats what im getting for my race bike, but I've had Hyperpro suspension stuff before and it was top notch stuff, so I'm sure there damper would be just as good.

The GPR is great for street because you can just look down and know exactly where its set, unlike the Ohlins although stick dampers have less cavitation then rotary. Not that it much matters on the street, most are pretty good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
i have a scotts on my bike, works great and looks really good in my opinion, if you live in a high theft area i hear they are easier to take off the bike in comparison to an ohlins because its pretty much only like 8 little screws to take it off.. still not a 1 minute job but something to think about
you can get safety bolts from Scott's, apparently thats been a complaint before. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
i've got the scotts...but i dont have the safety hardware...I live in a high theft area so where do i get that safety stuff? should i take some effort and look on their website?

·
Registered
388 Posts
i've got the scotts...but i dont have the safety hardware...I live in a high theft area so where do i get that safety stuff? should i take some effort and look on their website?
that or just give them a call, they can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts