Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my 05 zx10r last week and after going through and doing the usual check and go over on a new bike, i noticed the rear spring is cranked ALL THE WAY down. I'm 6'2 185lbs.

I know that having it like that on my dirt bike and ktm adventure 990 is not the ideal setup at all.
Is it the same on street bikes? Will i benefit from adjusting it back halfway? I only ride street and not overly aggressive into corners (unless i come too hot into them..) im looking for comfort but performance too.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not serious enough rider to justify spending cash on suspension rebuilds.
get forks and shock rebuilt and sag properly adjusted for your weight and you'll be good to go for a while. That shock is probably empty or very muddy.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Im not serious enough rider to justify spending cash on suspension rebuilds.

that doesn't really have anything to do with it. Its a regular service item. A rebuild every few years is more then enough for a street ridden bike.

Do you replace the shocks on your car or truck when they wear out?

The same on the bike, except they're serviceable so you don't replace them. Suspension is what keeps you connected to the pavement why ignore it.

In my area it s $200 for front and $180 for rear off the bike... on a 13+ year old machine you should definitely get it done. My gen 1 was done for the first time ever a few years ago at 18k miles, there was almost no oil in the rear shock and the fork oil was quite dirty (in addition to starting to weep at one seal).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. A rebuild would be good and ill probably do it next season. My main question is actually about the spring adjustment. If i back the spring off, what difference am i going to notice?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts