Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove my oil pan and get it rethreaded or fully replace. I know I am going to have to pull out the headers, but what do I do??? Do I need to pull out the radiator and have to do a flush or is there a way around this??? I have friends that do car shit but not motorcycles, so they can help with general shit, but I am mechanic-unfriendly. Pics and arrows and circles will help, HELP A ZX10R BROTHER OUT, EVEN IF I LOVE LED HEADLIGHTS, get me back on the road!!!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You dont have to pull the radiator. Just loosen the lower bolt on the radiator and it will pivot out far enough for you to get to the headers. Its a pain in the ass to work this way but it will work. Just watch so you dont bend the fins while your pullin out the bolts to your headers.

Honestly the best way to pull your oil pan is download the manual and follow the steps. It spells out everything for you, both dis-assmbly and assembly. It's really not too hard. You can have it done easily in a weekend.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Its a piece of cake to replace, get a new gasket too. I think I only paid like 120$ for a brand new oil pan from Ron Ayers
:+1:....very simple, there's one little hidden bolt near the middle of the pan you may have to look for but other than that. it'sa snap.:mrgreen: and maybe give it a little extra tug when removing it as the last one i did was hung on the pickup tube a bit i think or just had a damn good seal?!!:badteeth:

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got it off today. Damn it sucked. Only loosen the bolt holding the radiator on bottom, but yeah, got the oil pan off.

Now to pass it around for looksy and seesy if anyone can fixey it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts