Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just bout a used 05 magma pearl red zx10r with 6000 miles on it. it has a full akro k and n filter and a pc3 and lowered. so i found the dude tag receipt and look him up and give him a call and ask what he done to it? he told me that he went down two on the front and the back still have a 39 tooth sprocket on it. i ask him how much did it put down on the dyno and he dont know so i did a second gear roll on with a 05 gsxr 1000 with a scorpion pipe with no power commander and he pulled like 2 bikes on me and couldnt catch him but his gearing is 17 42. what do u guys think i need to do to even it up cause the dude weigh bout 240 and im 215

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
other than change your gearing :dontknow:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah im gonna try the 16 41 combo then im gonna put it on a dyno because i dont think the dude b 4 me had it dyno tune

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:rolleyes::headshake then he'll lose by even more
I don't think so, he will hit redline even faster and should be able to stay right in the power band for the next gear and scream for the next gear and the next...now how he switches gears is a whole other issue. :wink:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well ive kinda ran into the same situation... 05 10r with all the upgrades you see below... against a 06 gixxer... he has always had one more upgrade then me.. i went down a gear so did he... he had a slip on before me and so on.. he always pulled about a bike on me and i cant catch him... he has great low end torque.. our dynos were done on the same day same machine.. he was putting out 5hp more then me (i had no slip on and GIPRO) but his mid range was earlier, higher and longer... so thats why i could never catch him... now we are about the same with all the same upgrades except i got the GIPRO... so we will see soon.. but he just went up 2 in the back to match my gearing so we will see.. keep ya posted....

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well ive kinda ran into the same situation... 05 10r with all the upgrades you see below... against a 06 gixxer... he has always had one more upgrade then me.. i went down a gear so did he... he had a slip on before me and so on.. he always pulled about a bike on me and i cant catch him... he has great low end torque.. our dynos were done on the same day same machine.. he was putting out 5hp more then me (i had no slip on and GIPRO) but his mid range was earlier, higher and longer... so thats why i could never catch him... now we are about the same with all the same upgrades except i got the GIPRO... so we will see soon.. but he just went up 2 in the back to match my gearing so we will see.. keep ya posted....
The difference is ATL RIDER said he tried at 9000rmps as well and still got pulled, the 10R 05 really likes to be above 8000rpms and screams to redline. A gearing change will help and by the way I gained some torque and HP with just a slip-on with no PC...5hp to be exact. :wink:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
to kill a gixxer bury tach needle into the red then change gears. That the only way I keep them off my back at the track.

·
Registered
438 Posts
well i just bout a used 05 magma pearl red zx10r with 6000 miles on it. it has a full akro k and n filter and a pc3 and lowered. so i found the dude tag receipt and look him up and give him a call and ask what he done to it? he told me that he went down two on the front and the back still have a 39 tooth sprocket on it. i ask him how much did it put down on the dyno and he dont know so i did a second gear roll on with a 05 gsxr 1000 with a scorpion pipe with no power commander and he pulled like 2 bikes on me and couldnt catch him but his gearing is 17 42. what do u guys think i need to do to even it up cause the dude weigh bout 240 and im 215
Is this English?:dontknow:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah those bike has plenty of midrange. we was just playing around in 6th gear and was doing roll ons around 120 and he would walk away. but i can say this when he jump out there 2 bikes on me at the top of 4th i was realing him in then he let out so i think it will be a differnt story when i change the gearing. the first roll on we did in secong gear my rpm was at 8000 and his was like 9200 i think thats why he jump out there a lil

·
Registered
561 Posts
Get a second generation...problem solved:thumbsup:
meh, the power-to-weigh ratio between the 04-05 ZX-10's and the 06-07 ZX-10's is marginal. I doubt it would make any difference. Sorry to say, if you want to beat a Gixxer, you're going to have to spend some good loot. And if the Gixxer owner spends some loot, you're still in the dust. Like your bike for what it is, not for what it can and cannot beat. You should be the determining factor there anyway.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
meh, the power-to-weigh ratio between the 04-05 ZX-10's and the 06-07 ZX-10's is marginal. I doubt it would make any difference. Sorry to say, if you want to beat a Gixxer, you're going to have to spend some good loot. And if the Gixxer owner spends some loot, you're still in the dust. Like your bike for what it is, not for what it can and cannot beat. You should be the determining factor there anyway.
I'm not replying with malice but highlited in red is :bs: in my experience and opinion. When my bike was stock except for 1 down in the front I could put 2 bike lengths on '05, '06 and '07 gixxers. All riders roughly the same size with marginal skill differences. I had the most problems with an 05 R1 with some secrets in the motor. You make it seem like it's a hopeless feat when it's not. The more controllable power of the second gens does make a difference. 1 tooth down, a decent exhaust, a powercommander, and a good tune goes a far way.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
..buy a thrid gen

1 - 20 of 62 Posts