Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an older guy that rides mostly 70's vintage Kawi's. I can't seem to leave well enough alone however, so they always seem to get modern upgraded suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, etc. They're really fun to ride and I never come home without a grin plastered on my face. :smile2:

I'm a Kawi Guy through and through, and now I've been thinking about a 'different' kind of project. I've been inspired by another zx10r owner to initiate another project. A relatively modern bike, with retro 'clothes'! :surprise:

We started out with this:

The idea was to strip the bodywork off it and replace it with some 70's - 80's bits. :nerd:

As usual, I try to keep it all-Kawasaki if I can. :eek:ccasion1

Here's where we're at today.

There were lots of cable, hoses and wires to 'hide' and we're almost done with that. We have some painitng to do to tie it all together and then it'll be time to hit the road and see what we've got here. 0:)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Cool build Drewski. I'll be following your thread.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I admire what you've done, but I love the gen 1 in pure stock form

Ill be watching your progress though :smile2:

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I have a funny feeling that I know who is doing the fabrication work. Does he only have one speed (hehe)?

(if my suspicion is correct, you've got the right guy working on it ...)

Reactions: Drewski

·
Registered
107 Posts
while you have it stripped down, could you take pics of the main ,headlight, kill switch, and ignition switch harness routing. i'm trying to get mine run factory style since the previous owner who put it together just threw everything onto the left side of the bike rather then running it correctly. so if you can take some pics and PM me that would be great

BTW nice job with the retro look. but what are you doing with the original fairings when your done?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a funny feeling that I know who is doing the fabrication work. Does he only have one speed (hehe)?

(if my suspicion is correct, you've got the right guy working on it ...)

Haha! You've got a sharp eye there GoFaster! :notworthy: You're correct on all accounts! :smile2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
while you have it stripped down, could you take pics of the main ,headlight, kill switch, and ignition switch harness routing. i'm trying to get mine run factory style since the previous owner who put it together just threw everything onto the left side of the bike rather then running it correctly. so if you can take some pics and PM me that would be great

BTW nice job with the retro look. but what are you doing with the original fairings when your done?

Cageconvert, I'll see what I can do for you. We've already re-routed much of the wiring, but I might have a pic that can help you out.

As far as the fairing and all the other gear being striped off the bike, it's all ready sold. :smile2:

·
Registered
107 Posts
damnit.. i'm in need of fairing too.. biek got stolen, fairings got tore up, along with some other hardware, now i'm trying to put it back together the right way...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the encouragement guys! :ayyy:

We've run into a setback though. :pale: Not great at all, but I think we have it corrected. I'll fill you in by the weekend.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts