Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed new ebc hh front brakes today and now they are noisy (grinding) as hell and feel like they are sticking, any answers please

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah if you replace your pads only, then they will have to break into the groves of your rotors. Whilst they are breaking in they will make grinding/squeaking noise. My bike did that when i put my galfers on. One thing you should do tho is take some brake cleaner on a rag and wipe your rotors down this will take all of the embedded brake dust off and they should quiet down a little bit. give em about 200 miles to shut up completely.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Clean the hell out of your calipers. Pull everything off, pump the pistons in a bit (not all the way) and use Bleche-wite and a tooth brush to get eveything clean. Then dry and push all the pistons back in and reassemble. This will give a clean surface for the pistons to glide in with the new pads. And yes, clean the rotors with brake-clean after deglazing them with scotch bright. Don't even think about using the old brake fluid. You need the lubicity of fresh fluid.

On another note - the stock 4 pad HH Tokico pads are just fine - even for extreme racing. The master should be changed out for a unit from a 06-07 (radial unit). Proper and complete bleeding is KEY! The second most important thing is PROPER BLEEDING. The third most important thing is no air in the system! Is this making a point yet? Two of my customers went through all the BS of changing out there 4 pad unit for what they thought was the plan with Honda and other 2 pad units. WRONG! When they rode my bike on the track and found out I was using stock pads and calipers - they almost had gave birth right there and then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts