Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

05' 636 radial m/c install on the 10r

42K views 319 replies 74 participants last post by  Dan-ZX10R 
#1 ·
:hello: I ordered the radial cylinder from my local dealer for $190, bottle and lever (whole deal) and put it on last night. I had to make new brake lines but no big deal. Ready for the first test ride. With the stock one you could squeeze the lever (although with some force) all the way to the grip. Not with this one. Definately more fluid movement than stock. Will let you know how it rides later today. I know for a little more I could have went with the brembo but I figured what the heck, I will try it.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
The 636 radial cylinder allows the use of aftermarket levers though. No?
So a pazzo lever + a radial master = very cool. :idea:

#5 ·
Does any one know if thats superstock legal?

Or if I have a 2004 10, but the 2006 10s have radial m/c, can I then put one on my bike and it be legal?

Great idea btw!

#7 ·
i considered this very mod when i learned the 05 636 was going to have a radial MC but i kind lost interest.

Hill i suspect it would be legal either way..........but don't quote me on it. Perhaps a rule book chekc may be in order.

BD

#9 ·
Came from track day yesterday and brakes are starting to bug me. Too much travel, no firmness in lever. Got steel brake lines and racing oil but it doesnt help. Could squeze lever to the bar. Got to get brembo radial or maybe this.

Does it fit with our brake switch?

#12 ·
zx10ragentorange said:
Dude, get the brembo, it is amazing and you won't regret it.
which one did you buy?

Id like to have firm feel, not mushy like now...

#16 ·
OK, I can't stand it anymore, so at the risk of looking completely ignorant in this area, what's the big deal with a "radial" master cyclinder? Other than the funky colored tubing, it sure looks the same to me. :dontknow:

#17 ·
I don't think the clamps are neccesary. It is tygon silicone tubing. Very tight fit. I had to heat it to get it on. It actually comes with the black but I put it on for the cool factor. I rode it yesterday and wow what an improvement. You can stand it on its nose now if you want. I am very happy with it. I worried that I should have bought the brembo, but after riding it I don't see that the brembo would be a major improvement over this one.

#19 ·
Xusia said:
OK, I can't stand it anymore, so at the risk of looking completely ignorant in this area, what's the big deal with a "radial" master cyclinder? Other than the funky colored tubing, it sure looks the same to me. :dontknow:
The difference is a design.

Radial is like a car master cylindar, where the stock one is like a plunger...

basically, it takes much less pressure from your hand to move more fluid. Also the stock one has problems heating up and fading.

So instead of you losing your lever after some hard braking, a radial m/c will help you maintain it better, and also give you more stopping power.

I hope that made sense.

#20 ·
The difference is a design.

Radial is like a car master cylindar, where the stock one is like a plunger...

basically, it takes much less pressure from your hand to move more fluid. Also the stock one has problems heating up and fading.

So instead of you losing your lever after some hard braking, a radial m/c will help you maintain it better, and also give you more stopping power.

I hope that made sense.

BD

#21 ·
I thoguht the 10 got the radial one this year. The brakes on the 10 are not as strong as my 636 were, but once I put some lines on them it has seemed to make them alot better.

Are the brembo and the 05 636 radial one a direct fit, or do you have to do some mods to get them on the bike?.

#23 ·
The only fitting that I had to do was rotate the throtle cables down a little bit so the lever would not contact them. There is enough play in the grip when you loosen the 2 phillips head bolts to do this.

#24 ·
Xusia said:

I asked on another board if the radial jobie is worth the money. This is a response I got......

sp2pilot said:
I run Brembo radial M/C's on all of my bikes
sp2pilot said:

Here is my take on the product. In application as I "go" to my brakes I want a strong initial hit but I want the feel that as I tighten pressure the lever is connected to the pads. With the Brembo unit I can hold a steady firm pressure that gives great feedback. It is not progressive like the traditional M/C it is consistent. If I want say 10% more braking force I squeeze 10% harder. The traditional unit would be much less consistent as I squeezed it I would be recieving so much less feedback that it was a all or nothing approach. If you trail brake I strongly recommend this set up.

#26 ·
No unfortunately you have to buy another lever, but they do make one for it. That is another reason that I got this m/c over the brembo. I am very anal about looks and I wanted both sides to match.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.