Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hello: I ordered the radial cylinder from my local dealer for $190, bottle and lever (whole deal) and put it on last night. I had to make new brake lines but no big deal. Ready for the first test ride. With the stock one you could squeeze the lever (although with some force) all the way to the grip. Not with this one. Definately more fluid movement than stock. Will let you know how it rides later today. I know for a little more I could have went with the brembo but I figured what the heck, I will try it.

Attachments

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
cool, would have went with the Brembo personally but that's pretty neat that you got it workin for yah. Gonna be an improvement over the 10's m/c for sure

·
Man About Town
1,076 Posts
The 636 radial cylinder allows the use of aftermarket levers though. No?
So a pazzo lever + a radial master = very cool. :idea:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Does any one know if thats superstock legal?

Or if I have a 2004 10, but the 2006 10s have radial m/c, can I then put one on my bike and it be legal?

Great idea btw!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
i considered this very mod when i learned the 05 636 was going to have a radial MC but i kind lost interest.

Hill i suspect it would be legal either way..........but don't quote me on it. Perhaps a rule book chekc may be in order.

BD

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
This really isn't off topic.

Moved so more people will see this. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Came from track day yesterday and brakes are starting to bug me. Too much travel, no firmness in lever. Got steel brake lines and racing oil but it doesnt help. Could squeze lever to the bar. Got to get brembo radial or maybe this.

Does it fit with our brake switch?

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Hey Hill, it is legal and so is the brembo m/c I believe. I know the brembo is legal for all CCS classes, not for sure about CMRA or WERA.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
a said:
Came from track day yesterday and brakes are starting to bug me. Too much travel, no firmness in lever. Got steel brake lines and racing oil but it doesnt help. Could squeze lever to the bar. Got to get brembo radial or maybe this.

Does it fit with our brake switch?
Dude, get the brembo, it is amazing and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
zx10ragentorange said:
Dude, get the brembo, it is amazing and you won't regret it.
which one did you buy?

Id like to have firm feel, not mushy like now...

·
Registered
70 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Does any one know if thats superstock legal?

Or if I have a 2004 10, but the 2006 10s have radial m/c, can I then put one on my bike and it be legal?

Great idea btw!
doubt anybody would protest you (or would even recognize the mod) unless you were winning...or didn't have any friends.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you think you should put some clamps on that hose? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but my 636 has it clamped. That thing probably sees some serious pressure.

·
Registered
569 Posts
OK, I can't stand it anymore, so at the risk of looking completely ignorant in this area, what's the big deal with a "radial" master cyclinder? Other than the funky colored tubing, it sure looks the same to me. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't think the clamps are neccesary. It is tygon silicone tubing. Very tight fit. I had to heat it to get it on. It actually comes with the black but I put it on for the cool factor. I rode it yesterday and wow what an improvement. You can stand it on its nose now if you want. I am very happy with it. I worried that I should have bought the brembo, but after riding it I don't see that the brembo would be a major improvement over this one.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Xusia said:
OK, I can't stand it anymore, so at the risk of looking completely ignorant in this area, what's the big deal with a "radial" master cyclinder? Other than the funky colored tubing, it sure looks the same to me. :dontknow:
The difference is a design.

Radial is like a car master cylindar, where the stock one is like a plunger...

basically, it takes much less pressure from your hand to move more fluid. Also the stock one has problems heating up and fading.

So instead of you losing your lever after some hard braking, a radial m/c will help you maintain it better, and also give you more stopping power.

I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
The difference is a design.

Radial is like a car master cylindar, where the stock one is like a plunger...

basically, it takes much less pressure from your hand to move more fluid. Also the stock one has problems heating up and fading.

So instead of you losing your lever after some hard braking, a radial m/c will help you maintain it better, and also give you more stopping power.

I hope that made sense.

BD

1 - 20 of 320 Posts