Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the bike a week ago. it was outside when i picked it up. its a salvage bike, he said it ran a few months ago when parked, but it wouldnt start when i was there. i brought her home, it had rusty gas, drained it, cleaned it, put fresh gas in. still wont start, or even try. the bike has been hot wired for now, it has the 100ohm resistor in the grey wire.
fuel pmps pumping.
any help would be appretiated.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,969 Posts
Welcome to the party! Nice bike!

Uh, if it had rusty gas in the tank, changing it out and replacing it won't do anything. The pump is spinning, but unless you've flow-tested the pump output, that doesn't give you any indications.

The pump needs to come out and thoroughly checked. As in, the fuel filter in the pump assembly is likely clogged and will need to be replaced. The filter is integral to the pump, so it's likely a replacement pump is needed. Beyond that, flow testing and cleanign the injectors is necessary. I'm not talking about that pour-in junk you get at the auto parts store, I'm talking about pulling each injector and bench cleaning and flow testing each one in the proper rig.

Once you are sure the fuel is flowing, then you can move on to possible ignition issues. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts