Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. i have an 04 stock zx10 with just a full akro system and pc airfilter i wanted to kno what kinda good cams i can put on it and what els would u do to it ... im really not crazy on my bike im thinking about going to the track and i want my bike to do good times ... so if u had a stock motor what would u do to it first ...

2. im looking for a swing arm i have the extention but i want the real deal if anyone has one for sale pm me thanks ...

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
Yeah, if its one thing the 10 needs, its more power :thumbsup:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Yeah, if its one thing the 10 needs, its more power :thumbsup:
:lol: I was thinking the same thing. But anyways, I'll get out of here now and let the performance guru's chime in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help people ... trey ill look that up right now see what's up ... thanks again ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
2. im looking for a swing arm i have the extention but i want the real deal if anyone has one for sale pm me thanks ...[/QUOTE]

hardcore make amr #704-933-4273 give them a call they take care of u

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
I guess by taking it to the track, and needing extensions you mean taking it to the strip? Anyway, theres some pretty knowledgeable dudes around here f'sho. maybe some will chime in.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2. im looking for a swing arm i have the extention but i want the real deal if anyone has one for sale pm me thanks ...
hardcore make amr #704-933-4273 give them a call they take care of u[/QUOTE]

do they have a website?

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If your talking Drag strip, changing your sprockets would be a big help for the

1/4 mile. -1 or 2 up front and + 4 or 5 in the back will give you a hell of a hole

shot and 1/4 mile run. As long as your stretched to keep the front end down.

Rifleman's 1/5 throttle would be a big help to.

Lower and strap the front end.

You can do all these without having to go into the motor.

And don't forget about NOS, BIG help at the track.

These are just a few thing that come to mind.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If your talking Drag strip, changing your sprockets would be a big help for the

1/4 mile. -1 or 2 up front and + 4 or 5 in the back will give you a hell of a hole

shot and 1/4 mile run. As long as your stretched to keep the front end down.

Rifleman's 1/5 throttle would be a big help to.

Lower and strap the front end.

You can do all these without having to go into the motor.

And don't forget about NOS, BIG help at the track.

These are just a few thing that come to mind.

thanks all for you help im new to the fourm just feeling everything out ... ima just run it the way it is see what happens ... :bump:

·
Registered
208 Posts
well, for starters we started off with a fresh motor, took it to our builder (Metric Cycles), which Brady ported the hell out of the head...milled it, and also went to a thin gasket, degreed the cams. when we got it back, we took all the secondary butterflies out of the motor, added a pc3 usb, k&n air cleaner, boz bros exhaust (thanks les301m), and a 520 chain conversion (thanks brianhevans).

Having the bike tuned next week, so once I get those I will post the results for you all to see. we wanted to get some horse power out of the bike, so the above combonations is what we did to accomplish that.

clicky for pics: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78178

1 - 20 of 20 Posts