Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start racing next season i currently own the 04 zx10 i have 23000 miles on it many upgrades an custom paint should i look into buying a bike already set up for the track or convert the 1 i have to a track bike an maybe get a new bike for the road... Any ideas??? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would buy a bike already put together for racing. It will save you in the long run and it is also a little harder to find parts for your 04.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I'm with 969mike but not for the same reasons. I think you'd find parts just fine for your 04. But it sounds as you might have a fair amount of money invested in it and if you are going racing, it most likely/definately will hit the pavement. I'd look for a race or at least trackday prepped bike. Have you raced before? Some organizations won't let novices race 1000s, plus a 600 or even a 650 twin would be best to learn on. You can usually find pretty good deals on some of the racing forums for used bikes reasonably priced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i haven't raced before just track days, i can't stand a 600 anymore lol ive been riding a 1000 for years, hate to lose the power !!! :thefinger... ill have to check into that before i go buy a spare bike :dontknow:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts