Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Copy all. Thanks.

I’ll have Attack do all the work. They know the Gen 1 well.
That's always an option as well if money is no object. Honestly I don't care for running high compression on a thin headgasket, it's a recipe for disaster. You're better off running the correct pistons and the thickest headgasket you can to achieve the desired PTV and PTC numbers. Of course, if you're taking it apart you might as well run stronger rods and have the crank massaged as well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Very good advice. Rods get pricey, and I’m not a fan of used internals.

I have a budget, but as you know, when does anything dealing with a bike build ever stick to budget?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #163

Brembo P34
LadyBird bracket
LadyBird muffler stay
K-Factory axle spools

I was lucky and they made it onto a plane from Japan. Waited 3 months.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #164

Selling this Akrapovic muffler hanger now. Excellent condition, $60 shipped.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That's always an option as well if money is no object. Honestly I don't care for running high compression on a thin headgasket, it's a recipe for disaster. You're better off running the correct pistons and the thickest headgasket you can to achieve the desired PTV and PTC numbers. Of course, if you're taking it apart you might as well run stronger rods and have the crank massaged as well.
This is what i got from my engine builder years ago. He made it seem like we could go Slightly thinner on the HG and shave the head a bit too for the gain instead of just dumping a super thin HG on it and calling a day. Make a good medium between the head shave and the gasket and leave room for future gaskets with a PTVC that will be workable. In other words, leave yerself room? If that makes any sense lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Got it. I was under the impression that the drop in cam and HG was a safe modification that yields good gains.

I want a little more power. I doubt I can reduce much more weight on this model.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Beater still makes a tank for this model, but this stock one is honestly not that heavy in comparison to other steel tanks.

I have OZ wheels on order, but I anticipate about a 3-4 lb weight reduction at best. KHI made this bike very light.

I have proper scales here at work; once the build is complete I am hoping for low 390’s with full tank.

·
Registered
98 Posts
his stock one is honestly not that heavy in comparison to other steel tanks.

I have OZ wheels on order, but I anticipate about a 3-4 lb weight reduction at best. KHI made this bike very light.

I have proper scales here at work; once the build is complete I am hoping for low 390’s with full tank.
You'll need to get very creative to get to that number with a street bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
How much does the stock muffler weigh? This one came with a Muzzy slip-on, I read it is 20 lbs; I seriously doubt that...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
I already have this set, but I will take a look once you post them. I do wish I went with 320mm’s.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts