Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks great man, almost makes me want to put fairings back on my street fightered gen 1, almost lol.
With that much work put into it, have you done anything to mediate the Gen 1 tendency to frame crack? Are you just planning to weld it when it does?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Thank you.

Is the frame that big an issue? I’ve never seen one cracked nor met anyone with one cracked. Only the very few I read about online.

If it does crack, I got an excellent welder that can fix it, and it will be a good excuse to silver powdercoat the frame. 😬

·
Registered
2 Posts
My gen one was a daily driver for 4 years, crack showed up I think after 2. If you do get it it'll be on the underside welds by the tank. It's more common than you think once you start diving into it online. But if it's just a Sunday Cruiser you'll probably be fine.
I like your idea to go silver though!
Cheers

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
I checked all the welds when I had the bike torn apart. Zero cracks.

What causes it?

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
125 Posts
Yea I'd like to know that too, or is it pot luck like the retainers...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not yet. I plan to Saturday morning though.

The bike came with ASV levers, when I swapped the clutch lever to the Brembo unit, I didn’t have the OEM inner bushing for the OEM lever bolt. It’s loose, so I don’t plan on riding far until a new one comes in.

Also the new header melted my fairing. Does anyone have an idea why this could have happen? These headers seem to fit spot on, I also had to add spacers to the Akrapovic exhaust bracket in order for it to function with the new muffler/header.
Mine was hard up on my headers too, I extended the belly pan where it fits to the top half, extended about 25mm, I got the race glass with mine when I bought it as a crashed race bike, think they were cheap. After giving it a bit more room it stopped the melt . I think the titanium race headers are bigger than the std ones. Also I don’t run a fan either.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
125 Posts
Where did you get that Carbon tank cover mte, I've been thinking of buying one. I can get an inexpensive one from China via Aliexpress, the weave looks similar to your own..

Cheers S

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Yep, Hong Kong seller.

It arrived flawless. Do not use the double sided tape provided. Buy the 3M tape instead.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Can someone please help me with front and rear axle lengths?

Front: shaft length of axle and front insert diameter and length. Total length of complete axle and fork insert.

Rear: total shaft length.

I want to avoid removing my wheels.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Can someone please help me with front and rear axle lengths?

Front: shaft length of axle and front insert diameter and length. Total length of complete axle and fork insert.

Rear: total shaft length.

I want to avoid removing my wheels.
The front axle diameter is 20mm, I can get you the remaining info, but it will be a bit later. I have to dig out the OEM wheel and seal collar/spacer bushings.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
I only need the front and rear axle lengths, Sir.

I’m having Fast Frank make me a front and rear set.

I’m away from home at the moment. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I ended up ordering a Robby Moto triple clamp. Price was too good to pass up.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts