Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

81 - 100 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I got the speedo sorted just now. It was not reading any mph. FI light came on, checked the code: 24.

Disconnected/re-connected the speadohealer and rode a few more miles. All good now.

I’ve been very lucky with local shipping, it’s the overeas parts that are taking over a month now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Not too bad. I bought 2 harnesses off Ebay, an Gen 1 and a Gen 2 and spliced the Gen 2 plug onto the Gen 1 harness. I have the pdf for the connection diagram.
The mount is slightly different, you can slightly modify your existing fairing stay to fit.
I went a different route, I machined new mounting stubs, then drilled the back of the Gen 2 housing with the Gen 1 pattern, and epoxied the new stubs in.
Like I mentioned, I downloaded the pdf for the swap a while ago. I don't know if the "swap" link on the forum is still valid. I can send it if you want to go that route (I like it a lot more than the LCD tach).

·
Registered
307 Posts
No problem. You only need the front harnesses. They usually go for $10-20 bucks. A clean instrument cluster varies quite a bit, anywhere between $125-$225 for a clean one (unbroken housing, lens in good condition). I think I waited a bit for a "reasonable $$" price, nice condition, for $165.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Great news! With that gearing, are you riding mostly in twisties? Seems pretty low for the highway. Must be a wheelie monster now!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
No problem. You only need the front harnesses. They usually go for $10-20 bucks. A clean instrument cluster varies quite a bit, anywhere between $125-$225 for a clean one (unbroken housing, lens in good condition). I think I waited a bit for a "reasonable $$" price, nice condition, for $165.
I’m on the look out now. Thank you.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Great news! With that gearing, are you riding mostly in twisties? Seems pretty low for the highway. Must be a wheelie monster now!
Not too bad on the highway. I have a 41t rear sprocket that I will sell now. 40t rear is just right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Build List (all parts are either in hand or awaiting shipment):

OZ Piega wheels, black
Brembo oro 300mm rotors
Chinese rear rotor
Accossato calipers
Brembo RCS master
LadyBird rear caliper bracket
Brembo P34 rear caliper
HEL brake lines
Matris/RaceTech forks
Matris shock
Matris steering damper
Attack clip-ons
Oberon fuel cap
Magical Racing fenders
Magical Racing tach cover
A-Tech side covers
Hamaguchi Ti header
LadyBird Ti muffler
Arata rearsets
Smog delete
Factory Pro velocity stacks
BMC race filter
ECU flash
Gilles chain adjuster
520 kit -1/+1
Ti nuts/bolts

View attachment 444465 View attachment 444466
I was so close to ordering one last night have you tried the ecu flash yet

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Yes. It does what is advertised. Rasied the rev limiter by 500 rpm, it did indeed open the butterflies earlier, but I still had the rods/butterflies removed.

With just the flash and a zeroed out PC III, the bike made 149 hp.

Proper tune and removing the entire secondary butterflies made 156 hp.

81 - 100 of 205 Posts