Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
Not yet. I plan to Saturday morning though.

The bike came with ASV levers, when I swapped the clutch lever to the Brembo unit, I didn’t have the OEM inner bushing for the OEM lever bolt. It’s loose, so I don’t plan on riding far until a new one comes in.

Also the new header melted my fairing. Does anyone have an idea why this could have happen? These headers seem to fit spot on, I also had to add spacers to the Akrapovic exhaust bracket in order for it to function with the new muffler/header.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Post a pic of the header / melt.

When you say add spacers, you mean your exhaust hanger is too short (7")? If so, let me know and I'll dig my emails for the source - I bought a 9" hanger = perfect.
Or you mean the muffler sits too far to the outside?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Muffler sits too far out. I’ll post pics when I get home.

I really like this muffler bracket.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I am sure you played with the link pipe positioning to get the best position, correct? The link pipe being twisted will change the position of the muffler being too far out

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Correct, and that’s what it seems like, but the mounting bracket on the link pipe looks correct.

I’m sure you will know right when you see a pic...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

I hate the look of these spacers I have to use. I could not get enough flex from the bracket nor the exhaust to make them work without homemade spacers.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I feel your pain. While probably no one else would even notice, it would bug me too - that it's not correct

Why don't you take out the link pipe bracket bolt, play around twisting the link pipe to different positions, if it remedies, you could always take the bike to a metal/muffler shop and have them remove and reposition the bracket.

Or remove the bracket - do you even really need it? My link pipe doesn't have a bracket.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I’ll give it a shot. It has to be a little off, since it also melted the fairing on the dyno.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I fixed it. No spacers now. All I did was attach the muffler to the bracket first, THEN attach bracket to subframe.

Looks a lot better now.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Is there a company that makes a quick throttle for our bikes? Looks like Morion Pro only makes a kit for the 06+

·
Registered
354 Posts
I put a quarter turn throttle on mine years ago, don’t remember who from. I think it might have been motion pro. Why don’t you contact them?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #76

The throttle was terrible. I found this homemade quick throttle insert and removed it. Lubed the cables, much better now, but not a quick turn anymore.

That G2 tube looks great. Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Gotta have a quick turn, makes a huge difference. Thought you were going to take it for a spin today, did you get the clutch lever pushing?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The lever bushing is on order. I want to wait until it arrives to go ride the bike.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I went anyway. Lol.

The fueling is perfect throughout the rev range. Bike ran nice and cool.

Much better with the -1/+1 gearing. Secondary butterflies removed, no jerky throttle.

I’m very happy with the bike.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I hope your bushing arrives in a "reasonable" amount of time.
I ordered a set of Gen 3 valve spring retainers two weeks ago, (in stock, in California, as am I), I just received shipping confirmation yesterday, crazy times....I've seen more bikes out in the past couple weeks, than I have in a few years. Accessory shops are swamped too.
Great that you took it out and enjoyed it. 👍

61 - 80 of 131 Posts