Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
No, sir. I just took the entire bike apart and cleaned everything to look like new.
Dear god man. That thing is pristine and it looks incredible. Nicely done!

Reactions: mte78

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
149 Posts
Quality build man... when you getting her dirty ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
I’m just waiting on a set of OZ Piega wheels that have been on order since March and a CleverWolf bottom fairing to call the project complete.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Really looking good, nice work! 👍
And on the engine mods, the 10r's internals are plenty strong for anything short of FI or nitrous. More than a couple people spin stock lower ends to 13,5 though I don't know why. Gen 1 & Gen 2 heads (even with mild porting) nose over around 12,2. Though, admittedly, I have my rev limit at 13,2, only for over-rev between corners. But RPM is MUCH harder on internals than bolt ons. So it's good indicator that the lower ends don't need anything beyond good oil.
I doubt you will find a kit gasket anyplace. The Cometic .018 is fine, no issues at all. You really want to get the squish down into the .030 - .035 range. Which is part of the reason for the thin gasket. If you really want to err to the "safe" side using that gasket, pop in a head stud kit. With the stock cams in at 107/103 your PTV will be plenty safe. A head cut will add a bit, but the gasket will raise compression much more, plus the benefit of improved squish. Out here in California, 91 octane is the limit for readily available pump premium. No problem with the higher compression, mostly due to tighter squish = better turbulence in combustion chamber.
The small Web is an excellent cam, but with more aggressive ramps, so PTV can get tight, but manageable with an uncut head. One thing about the Web though. The "clearance ramp" portion of the cam is short and agressive. When I first put it in, I had all valves set in the .007-.008 range (inches) (.18-.21mm), when I fired it up 😳 I thought it was going to come apart!
Sounded horrible, valves clattering terribly. I reset them all to the tight side of the tolerance, MUCH better souding after.
Anyway, looking excellent, congrats. 👍

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Great looking project, following right along as i am doing my own 1st gen rebuild. Digging that ladybird undermount rear caliper kit, would look great with a matching brembo caliper for my GP4rs calipers. you mentioned weight reduction, did you ever consider the cleverwolf endurance bodywork? I am seriously thinking tax return time for that set.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
Yes...the CW bodywork and Beater tank are on my hit list soon.

I ordered the steal tach bracket and ram air scoop in carbon fiber also. The COVID pandemic is a lengthy speed bump on shipping.

I have a piece from CW that is just sitting in Japan. DHL is way too expensive to ship, I have to wait on EMS to reopen operations to our great country.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Very cool... her is a link to my old ZX-10r.. only bike i regret parting ways with.. cleverwofl headlight, blah blah blah..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
I’ve seen this bike when I google search the bodywork!!

I love the JSB all Japan paint scheme. I think that’s the Trick Star team color scheme??

How was the quality of the fairings and what did your painter have to say about prep work required?

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I’ve seen this bike when I google search the bodywork!!
I love the JSB all Japan paint scheme. I think that’s the Trick Star team color scheme??
How was the quality of the fairings and what did your painter have to say about prep work required?
That was my girl.
i actually ordered the headlight and cover alone, and we used some trackskins i had already to mount it into.... As of now thinking i will order the one kit they have to include the flip up tail unit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Oh wow, I didn’t know they sold the headlight and cover alone. The shipping price is what keeps me from getting a set.

I may just take your suggestion and mold it into a Sharkskinz set.

That was one hell of a paint job you got, spot on with the race team’s bike.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Oh wow, I didn’t know they sold the headlight and cover alone. The shipping price is what keeps me from getting a set.
Thank you it was a truly a kick ass bike, and i look to do my current 10R proud, not letting this one go. Whats funny is i used the PS2 video game tourist trophy and took stills of that bike to have the decals and the paintjob done. you would have to check with cleverwofl if they still do the headlight kit without the bodywork. At some point i think i will just take the ass kicking on shipping and buy the whole kit.

·
Registered
120 Posts

I have their full fairing set, glass upper, CF lower. They won't sell you the upper, citing it exceeds the max EMS dimension, unless you ship FedEx overnight. I think shipping was something to the tune of $350 but it was on my doorstep in 2 days.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I have their full fairing set, glass upper, CF lower. They won't sell you the upper, citing it exceeds the max EMS dimension, unless you ship FedEx overnight. I think shipping was something to the tune of $350 but it was on my doorstep in 2 days.
So is it better to go direct with clever wolf, as i see webike japan, has the stuff all listed, but they quote $650 for delivery in less than 3 days.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I have a CW bottom I ordered direct from them. You don’t even want to hear the quote via DHL for that piece, EMS is only $75. I’ll wait.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #200

$612. It’s the shipping that will not make it worth it.

I can get a set of Sharkskinz brand new and have my painter make the same headlight for same price or less.

181 - 200 of 238 Posts