Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to share some pics and info of my mild 04 ZX10R build.

Straight off the truck. Got it with 8,400 miles, I’m the second owner. Extremely well kept.

Engine and swingarm off detailing and replaced any rubber pieces that were cracked after 16 years.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Build List (all parts are either in hand or awaiting shipment):

OZ Piega wheels, black
Brembo oro 300mm rotors
Chinese rear rotor
Accossato calipers
Brembo RCS master
LadyBird rear caliper bracket
Brembo P34 rear caliper
HEL brake lines
Matris/RaceTech forks
Matris shock
Matris steering damper
Attack clip-ons
Oberon fuel cap
Magical Racing fenders
Magical Racing tach cover
A-Tech side covers
Hamaguchi Ti header
LadyBird Ti muffler
Arata rearsets
Smog delete
Factory Pro velocity stacks
BMC race filter
ECU flash
Gilles chain adjuster
520 kit -1/+1
Ti nuts/bolts

·
Registered
354 Posts
And I thought I was crazy when I bought BST carbon wheels for my Gen 1! I love my Gen 1, still looks sexy, and with the full system and ECU flash, your bike is gonna rip! Nice job! I would love to hear your review on the Schnitz flash. I decided to go with a different company as it appeared Schnitz's focus is mainly on drag racing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, this is my favorite model of the ZX10R.

I’ll post how it rides with the upgrades and dyno tune. I got to ride it about 30 miles when it first arrived. Loved it.

·
Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
127 Posts
Congratulations that bike is immaculate and your upgrades are superb, you've also made me feel quite comfortable at how much I've spent ..

Were you happy to keep the disc size the same as OE @ 300 mil ?..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. I’m sad Attack Performance no longer makes the triple trees for our model. I was really looking forward to a set.

I almost went with 320mm rotors, but didn’t see the need for them with the new calipers.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you! I’m estimating completion in early May. I’m just waiting on parts now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I thought as much due to the the calipers, I've 320s as standard on my HP4, just swapped them over from OE which are made by Brembo none the less but a different aesthetic design to suit the manufacturer.. I overhauled the front brakes in December.. in addition to the Discs...new OE seals, OE Pistons, 600 fluid, Double H Ferrodo Sinter and a System bleed by the dealer whilst getting a service in early Feb... I nipped out for a quick blast today..first impressions are very encouraging although I haven't used in real anger they pulled up very nicely..a definite improvement, typically degradation creeps in unnoticed at times...a basic overhaul brings it back to factory spec, easy to forget how good they were new... those Calipers look immense..

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That’s great to hear. The calipers are monobloc and lighter than the ZX6R Nissins removed. They are a tad bigger, fingers crossed they will not rub the Galespeed wheel.

I may do a test fit with the OEM wheel today.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They look the business, the OE discs on my 10R were below minimum thickness.. circa 5.2 - 5.3 mil.. the more I look at this bike I'm convinced it's done either more miles than registered on it's annual MOT ( Mandatory Gov't roadworthiness) or a shit load of track time.. 16500 mls, the discs I removed were cheap chinese lookalikes Sunfly or something... so if the originals were done in and these copies were done in...along with the resprung front end, Penske rear..and other areas like badly chipped fork bottoms..as if an under fork stand has been used a million times.. but the the discs really got me thinking .. could be wrong s'pose... who the fuck fits stuff like this to a Superbike...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They look the business, the OE discs on my 10R were below minimum thickness.. circa 5.2 - 5.3 mil.. the more I look at this bike I'm convinced it's done either more miles than registered on it's annual MOT ( Mandatory Gov't roadworthiness) or a shit load of track time.. 16500 mls, the discs I removed were cheap chinese lookalikes Sunfly or something... so if the originals were done in and these copies were done in...along with the resprung front end, Penske rear..and other areas like badly chipped fork bottoms..as if an under fork stand has been used a million times.. but the the discs really got me thinking .. could be wrong s'pose... who the fuck fits stuff like this to a Superbike...

Those are the OEM discs, my friend.

Sunstar. Good brakes, made in Japan.

Those OEM Sunstar discs are 6 oz lighter than the Brembo discs I installed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Ya’ll were not kidding about the spark plug change. These must be the originals with 8,400 miles use.

Not bad...

1 - 20 of 135 Posts