Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it cranks then sputters and backfires, any ideas, the servo for the exhaust under the seat moves when i turn the key on but the cables seem to be jammed would that cause the bike not to start? dont have any fi light on but do have trouble with mice checked the air filter and throttle bodys no signs of anything wrong there. wondering what the exhaust cables should do and if its a sign there clogged and if I should start there

thanks for any help

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would. Have you tried opening the throttle while cranking it? My servo used to get stuck and I had to crack it just a bit to get it to fire.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
it cranks then sputters and backfires, any ideas, the servo for the exhaust under the seat moves when i turn the key on but the cables seem to be jammed would that cause the bike not to start? dont have any fi light on but do have trouble with mice checked the air filter and throttle bodys no signs of anything wrong there. wondering what the exhaust cables should do and if its a sign there clogged and if I should start there

thanks for any help
Disconnect the cables while the bike is off. It is open when bike powers off.. If the bike fires normal you need to troubleshoot the cable binding and possibly replace the cables or take them off all together ..:hello:

If bike does the same thing you have a different problem . Just come back and report your findings . We will help ya figure it out if that s not your issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts