Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!Well I am a dedicated "Kawboy" I've been bleeding green since my first ninja in '87.In 2004,sadly my soulmate(my '02 ZX6R)was put to pasture and I,in all my (what I thought)wisdom,decided I was to grown up for the 6R's and 7.5(r's??)decided I would throw away a little over 14 k on the "supposed"newest bully in town the Gen.1 ZX10R.I've kept out of allegience and because,well I have'nt had the money to try another new girl.Amongst many short comings,that damn slipper clutch(garbage!)(for rookies!)Ive got low mileage due to some spinal surgeries resulting from my true love,so didnt ride as much.....I have had to replace a number of release rods,after the first couple that I repaired by hardfacing and re-machining,I changed the rod,the release,bearing,including those in the crankcase cover,worked for few thousand miles(maybe)started happening again,so I went on the hunt...what I discovered is that Ive got an excessive amount of runout on the shaft,enough to where it is milling my crankcase clutch cover,which I recently replaced.I have been in quite a number of crankcases throughout the years,but not Hers(maybe its why we have never bonded)what is on the other side????....I dread terribly to split her cases(or any for that matter)but something has come loose and I need to hear the bad news of what kind of arduious hassle this is gonna be. anybody been there and back???any insight is appreciated i've got a download of the "service manual"(boy have these things gone down hill)but its vague at best,oubt its much i've not had my hands on before but it is uncharted....by me thanx!!

·
Registered
993 Posts
make sure it is indeed the basket rubbing.........the clutch cover comes new with machine marks that looks identical to the wear you are describing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts