Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 zx10-r race bike
$5000 obo
located in seattle

Engine:
2005 motor built by Fuzzymoto
lighted and knifed crank (2.7 lbs taken off)
port work
over-bored throttle bodies (46mm from 43mm stock)
manual cam chain tensioner
kit shift star (greatly improves shiftability)
TRE
power commander III (usb)
power commander ignition module
aftermarket side covers
Arata exhaust (full titanium system)
brand new 520 chain and sprockets (installed over winter)

Chassis:
Penski rear shock revalved by GP suspension
Front forks revalved by GP suspension
Custom rear linkage (more about this in a bit... AMA level mod)
The bike is currently set up for a 160 lbs rider
Bike set up for Dunlop
Sato rear sets
Carbon fiber race body work
Brembo master
steel braided lines
Vesrah RJL pads
Rear stand included
fully safety wired

This bike is really, really fast; it's much faster than a fully built 08 R1, and it handles amazing!!!! It was put together from the auctions a few years ago, so it doesn't have a title for the street. You could title it if you want. The motor was built last year, and it's extremely reliable. If you're looking for a turn key track bike this is it! (bmacconaghy at gmail dot com) Or PM me for a phone number!

The linkage: I redesigned the swing arm linkage to improve handling and full throttle stability. The stock set up offered a flat dynamic leverage ratio that curved slightly upward at the end of the travel; The new linkage offers a digressive leverage ratio like the current zx10. It comes off the corner extremely well.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good luck with the sale, seems like a great deal. cool pics by the way

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll PM you this weekend about the bike... I'm in dire need.. Are there any spares that you're selling with.
Tony
I replied to you PM.

Also yes, I forgot to mention the extra head, cams, valves, trans, and exhaust. And of course the stock swing arm linkage... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
damn that's some kickass bodywork. mind if I ask why you're selling?
I don't mind at all. This bike is amazing. It's by far my favorite bike, but I got a great deal on a new one that I can make faster. I'm selling reluctantly. If I didn't need the $$ to set up this seasons race bike, I would certainly keep her.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i like that, TSHIRT over leathers. :thumbsup:
The T-shirt is a NESBA thing. The control riders all wear orange shirts to identify them on track as instructors I'm the red leathers and my friend fuzzy is the yellow. We get free track pictures from the photographer. I can take other pics if requested.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any chance that you'd want to part with the Penske? I'm tryin out a '05 zx10r in NESBA A this year and I really need to get rid of my stock rear shock

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Any chance that you'd want to part with the Penske? I'm tryin out a '05 zx10r in NESBA A this year and I really need to get rid of my stock rear shock
No, I don't think I want to part it out. Good choice on riding with NESBA by the way. They're a great org!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts