Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok today i went in the city during rush hour. and i notice that my temp was around 239-241 blinking i didnt notice any HI sign. after i saw that i said the hell with it and drove the shoulder to my destination. immediately after i got on should temp dropped back down to 186 or so. finally got home after that and checked my radiator to make sure there was coolant in it and there was same for overflow bottle. i did not notice any gurgling but am worried as i have reason why i cant do any dumbshit. what do you guys think my problem could be? also i read some post that could be the cap, fan, thermostat, and to check and see if the coolant is bubbling with cap off and at operating temp. is that correct? is that anything else i should do or consider. one more thing is the fan is turning on atleast i hear it when i turn the bike off. sorry if this is hard to understand not to great at telling stories lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
My 05 does the same thing in traffic, I just dismissed it under the assumption that with a tiny radiator and a fan designed to cool the motorcycle at speed, that they will overheat if left idling in hot weather.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
My 05 does the same thing in traffic, I just dismissed it under the assumption that with a tiny radiator and a fan designed to cool the motorcycle at speed, that they will overheat if left idling in hot weather.
That's about where I am replaced Everything related to the cooling system and tried every cooling additive no change...the only thing I never changed was the radiator but when sitting still unless my fins are really sealed should make no diff the fan kicks on and flushed it out off the bike before.....bike runs really cool with nice weather at speed like today 74deg.

bloo

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21766
This will help to slow the temp increase at an idle, but will not stop it. Ive done this on my 10 and it really does help to keep the temps lower for longer. You could flush the system and new coolant should help as well. Your fan should be kicking on before 215* and shouldnt rise too much beyond that. The issue is what has been discussed, the undersized radiator and they are not meant to sit idling for long periods of time.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=79253
This is just another option if you want to try it. Ive never done it, so I cant speak too much on the subject other than I would like to try it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts