·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
raced 8 time from 40 to redline 189+
won 6-8 by 1-2 bike lengths each time
me 169 hime 175lb
i missed gears those 2 times he beat me
me starting in second each and him in first stock wheel base and slip for me and stock for him

who do u think should have won

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
its up to the rider

·
Registered
590 Posts
I think the 10R has better pull anywhere below 10k RPMs of course this is probably pure ignorance but you would likely jump on him slightly and up top he just doesn't have enough to catch you when his peak power comes in your shifting to the next gear where you have the advantage once again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
its up to the rider
I dont know why people say that...Unless you severly shortshift or if you bang off the rev limiter rider skill has very little to do with a roll on...Take two bikes thats doing a second gear roll on at the same speed and they wack the throttle wide open at the same time and shifting at redline. If one bike is pulling away from the other thats not skill,,,, Thats horsepower!! Has nothing to do with the rider.. Now if your going to holeshot thats where the rider with the most skill comes into play..

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I dont know why people say that...Unless you severly shortshift or if you bang off the rev limiter rider skill has very little to do with a roll on...Take two bikes thats doing a second gear roll on at the same speed and they wack the throttle wide open at the same time and shifting at redline. If one bike is pulling away from the other thats not skill,,,, Thats horsepower!! Has nothing to do with the rider.. Now if your going to holeshot thats where the rider with the most skill comes into play..
i beg to differ with the roll-on theory as the rider most certainly has an effect on the outcome no matter if they hit @ the same time or not as shifting through the gears efficiently can & will determine an outcome quite often. Some riders are simply not efficient with clutch & throttle scyncro or clutchless shifting so yes the riders experience and ability is key to some races.

BD

·
Registered
590 Posts
i beg to differ with the roll-on theory as the rider most certainly has an effect on the outcome no matter if they hit @ the same time or not as shifting through the gears efficiently can & will determine an outcome quite often. Some riders are simply not efficient with clutch & throttle scyncro or clutchless shifting so yes the riders experience and ability is key to some races.

BD
:+1:

And you definetly don't want to bang off of redline. Depending on map if he shifts 1k early and you hit your exact shift point which is not as easy as it may seem when your R's are coming up as fast as they do. It makes a difference. I still say. R1 great bike doesn't have the range of power the 10 does so it worked out the way it should have.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
maybe if you read his post youd realize he missed a couple gears. you can take a 190hp bike or what ever and run 10s all day if you cant operate it right. or you can take a first gen zx10r w stock motor and run mid to low 9's like the experienced do. its up to you. the greatest mod is arse time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts