Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted a PIC do you see it?....not my bike something was looking to buy and found this:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
plain as day.....where specifically is the crack?

·
Registered
694 Posts
my 04 was cracked like yours but my 05 with the same milleage isnt... it suck because here you cant sell a modify frame... so noway to sell thebike if itsweld:S

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
seem like more peeps with 04 models posting frame issues than 05 owners.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sucks! What is your plan? new/used frame or quaility welder?
my 04 was cracked like yours but my 05 with the same milleage isnt... it suck because here you cant sell a modify frame... so noway to sell thebike if itsweld:S
Sorry for the late response this was not my bike at the time of the Thread it was merely a Bike on Auction on Ebay I took an Hour ride to go see it.....the Front end was gone wreck damage and of Course since I am a 1st Gen Guru I new to inspect the welds with my phone and turned out cracked.

Now with that said I need help I went from a few months back only wanting a back up engine to this saturday will have 3 Gen 1 bikes....yeah I am that addicted. It's Green so may have to change my username to Greendevil :lol:

but seriously it will come with a clean title if I get the frame welded that's a plus and if the engine starts after cover replacement even better......why you may ask..........the bike is NEW...OR LIKE NEW you can eat off the WIRING HARNESS .....i bet it doesn't have over 2k miles on the bike I can tell by radiator dings too it's showroom clean......anyway x-fingers it's my NEW bike now good or bad. :badteeth::dontknow:

Bloo

·
Registered
438 Posts
Almost looks like someone tried to cover it up since the paint looks bubbly around it.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Almost looks like someone tried to cover it up since the paint looks bubbly around it.
Not likely this is like new bike untouched other than a slash cut pipe and great tires......who ever owned it just had a bad day or didn't respect it I am guessing ........ it's very very clean the power of the Galaxy SIII camera was the one that was able to expose it like a microscope and the Crash in this case seemed to have caused the frame crack. :wink:

Bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Thats why I tell everyone thats going to look at one of these to take a L.E.D. light,
Whether it be a flashlight or phone camera light.
The L.E.D. light will show any cracks.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like weld splatter, and the same as the cracks on my gen 1.
That's from Factory then.....I really think some of you peeps need to update your phones and cameras the good ones will expose even factory defects or imperfections. :wink:

Bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
That's from Factory then.....I really think some of you peeps need to update your phones and cameras the good ones will expose even factory defects or imperfections. :wink:

Bloo
Bloo, you are 100% correct.
That frame is untouched.
That little bit of spatter is from the factory.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here is the bike, I will be picking it up on Saturday.......a risk I know but this this is so clean engine wise and other things too.....i really believe under 4k miles maybe much less.

Attachments

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
If you dont mind me asking Bloo, what did you give for it.
And from the looks of it, for the right price, I would buy it
and keep the engine and part out the rest.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If you dont mind me asking Bloo, what did you give for it.
No not at all....was Auction got it for $1765 plus tax 8% and license fee $35 which will come with a CLEAN CALIFORNIA TITLE .....that's why I was asking you about the best way to fix the frame cracks......the other bike I bought will be the bike to contribute the front rim and front end parts. :biggrin:

Bloo

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
No not at all....was Auction got it for $1765 plus tax 8% and license fee $35 which will come with a CLEAN CALIFORNIA TITLE .....that's why I was asking you about the best way to fix the frame cracks......the other bike I bought will be the bike to contribute the front rim and front end parts. :biggrin:

Bloo
OMG !!!! I would be all over this bike.
Good find brotha.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts