Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Yeah the 04 / 05 is a 525, 17 front / 39 rear
If you drop a tooth on the front, the front end is really wheelie happy
but damn is it fun.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
its stock 525 -- but i went with 520 and driven sprockets stock rearing up front and +4 in the rear when i had mine i like the stock gearing for the front less stress on the motor .

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Seriously there is no real benefit of the 520 conversion,....other than the chain wears out faster...dont fall into the Hype of the 1lb total weight makes a difference.

but out of the box 525

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Seriously there is no real benefit of the 520 conversion,....other than the chain wears out faster...dont fall into the Hype of the 1lb total weight makes a difference.

but out of the box 525
its more then 1 pound when you count chain and sprockets more like 100000 pounds - to each there own !! :helmet:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Seriously anthonyzx10r2008, your just talking out of your ass .....
Have had numerous bikes since 1997 i have swapped over to a 520 kit om ,any accounts and there is no real difference in the feel of power delivery or usability for us NON GOD RIDERS.

So waste your money knowing this....we are not race teams replacing the chain after each race...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Seriously anthonyzx10r2008, your just talking out of your ass .....
Have had numerous bikes since 1997 i have swapped over to a 520 kit om ,any accounts and there is no real difference in the feel of power delivery or usability for us NON GOD RIDERS.

So waste your money knowing this....we are not race teams replacing the chain after each race...
will i been riding since 1983 and i do no some things but never have been able to talk out of my ass that would be kinda crazy :mrgreen: so as for the 525 going to 520 yes im sure only the top riders in the country can tell the difference :dontknow: as for how long a 520 last ? for me a long time as i dont commute with my bikes , i only ride them to the hills or truck them to the track , so with me !!!! i like making my bike the way i like , plus the 520 is less money then the 525 so that right there works for me also , maybe you cant aford to spend money on your bike , but the ones that can , dont hate , have a good new years :eek:ccasion1

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I was speaking of the 520 quick accel. kits with the -1/+2 gearing. And you can tell a world of difference with this setup. Anyone that says otherwise is ignorant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts