Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see the fuel filter on the diagrams. Do you have to pull the entire assembly out of the tank to get to the filter?

I've searched but haven't found a how to thread. Any information is very helpful as I'm trying to nail down a hesitation gremlin I have.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
The only fuel filter is the sock on the intake of the fuel pump. It's inside the tank, and yep, the only way to get to it is to take the fuel pump assembly off the tank.

Losing power at higher revs? Pump makes odd noises? If that is the case, and based on my own experience ... expect to have to change out the fuel pump ... It's not uncommon ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the pump is making odd noises. At least I can't hear anything odd. The gremlin I have is like a bucking/hesitation that is most noticeable at constant rpms.

I bypassed the sidestand switch already and have checked my grounds. Fuel pump was gonna be my next guess. After that maybe a sticking chain?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Did you ever solve this issue?
I had some bad gas cause a loss in power at higher rpm which killed my pickup screen. Luckily my dealer replaced it free under warranty after I removed it. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts