Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a nutshell the bike went down on right side and it rashed the ignition/pulsar cover.

People (not on these forums) are telling me I shouldn't just fill it back up with oil and go riding.
They are recommending an engine flush with kerosene or something to make sure slivers of that cover don't go in the engine. I can't imagine they did because I didn't see any when I took it off to replace it. See pics below as there are 2 small holes.

Should I? If so with what? And how?

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I would definately get that flushed. Better to be safe than sorry. In my exprience the only thng that flushes properly are those b and g product machines. Dealerships have them. Phone around.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
let me know if ya need a pulse cover,.I got one with a lil bit of rash,.nothing major,..no leaks,.....25 shipped in the ConUS!.......
I would also flush the motor......like someone said,.better safe than sorry!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Pull out the debris from behind the cover, then button her up. Drain the oil remove oil filt and poor out contents, reinstall filter. Overfill with deisel then drain and start over with a normal fresh oil and filt change. You'll be fine. :helmet:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts