Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it's news or anything, but the guy that recently bought my 04 ZX10 just had it dyno'd this past week. Bone stock, fair conditions. Best run 144.6 hp. It's got about 4500 miles on it...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
seems low i said before i never seen a 10 make less than 150rwhp even in stock trim must be all the dynos in the uk read big :lol: :crackup:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Mine was a couple less than that with a few more kilometers and a dirty air filter. It means the dyno is honest rather than optimistic.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
GREAT numbers...400lbs bike with 145hp WOW...

·
Registered
614 Posts
What dyno was it on? I had mine done on a Fuchs dyno and it rear 145 or so at the wheel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Mine just dynoed at 157 with just an FMF slip-on and I know the dyno is pretty accurate As all 3 of the busas I had and my buddy's all dynoed at 149 to 152 bone stock which is about right. 145 seems a little low, don't take much to lose some hp on the dyno, dirty chain, low tire pressure etc.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Bently said:
Mine just dynoed at 157 with just an FMF slip-on and I know the dyno is pretty accurate As all 3 of the busas I had and my buddy's all dynoed at 149 to 152 bone stock which is about right. 145 seems a little low, don't take much to lose some hp on the dyno, dirty chain, low tire pressure etc.
157 thats more like it just with slip on and :+1: about the chain never pay to go on dyno if your chains past its best(may as well give me the money :lol: ) still 144 would be enough for me just don,t like to see a 10 make less than 150

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had 151hp stock with 900 miles on it, brother hooked me up so it was free, I broke mine in the hard way, maybe that had something to do with it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Mine only did 148 bone stock with somwhere around 9000 miles, can't remember exactly how many were on it at the time. Dyno numbers mean jack to me though. It still went 6.19 @ 118 in the 1/8 mile and 9.62 @139 (strong head wind) in the 1/4. It's been a best of nearly 146 in the 1/4.

·
Registered
477 Posts
"It means the dyno is honest rather than optimistic."
No it just means that it is A dyno and not the same one as the other bikes were done on. LOL All this "and I KNOW this one was accurate" or whatever is rubbish. The fact is, every dyno is different, even between same brand and models. Dyno figures are only EVER of importance for before and after mods on the same bike on ethe same dyno. Anything else and you're pissin in the wind for comparisons. It's not that one is more accurate, it's that it's different. Who's to say the lesser one isn't the "pesimistic" model and the other higher dynos are right? haha Not having a go at anyone, just saying is all. Hope this helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts