Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I finally got it to the dyno. Bike had a super dry chain(im a dummy) But I still pulled a 153.8 and 73.3 ft lbs of torque. The dyno guy said that his dyno is stingy and always reads about 10 hp less than any other one hes tried...

heres a quick clip(sound came out terrible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wliAn5WBCM

and im scanning the dyno sheets right now.Im not good at reading air/fuel maps,neither is the dyno guy at the shop. He wasnt even sure how to print the proper one out(its a custom bike shop and he says its not worth tuning the a/f on them..lol) but it looks shitty to me, might have to trade the techlusion box in for a pc3. But any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah you are running pretty rich and it shouldn't have that much jump around in the rpm range. It should be pretty steady. Just need to get a PC on there and have it mapped.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
yeah a power commander would defintly help out on keeping the power smooth, looks like runnin a lil to lean actually for your top end... you wanna be at around 12.7 just about on the dyno for good street hp numbers.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
:+1: ... should have looked at more than the low end. my fault. by the way, your numbers aren't terribly low for a stock bike. if you have a full system on your bike, his dyno maybe be off by about 10 or so.

·
Banned
131 Posts
just like the guy said his #'s are different....all dyno's read different....if you wanna see what kind of difference you are making you will have to go the same dyno but then again air temp will throw a dyno reading off

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a full akra exhaust. The bike pulls hard and runs super smooth with no dropouts or flat spots.....the a/f kinda surprised me.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
i have a full akra exhaust. The bike pulls hard and runs super smooth with no dropouts or flat spots.....the a/f kinda surprised me.
Theres no way it could be smooth with that kind of air/fuel... you want the air/fuel to as close to a straight line as possible! The guy sounds like he doesnt know what the f*ck hes doing. I would go to a dynojet authorized dealer and have them set ur bike up. With a full akra on a dynojet you should see 160+ hp out of your bike easy. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Theres no way it could be smooth with that kind of air/fuel... you want the air/fuel to as close to a straight line as possible! The guy sounds like he doesnt know what the f*ck hes doing. I would go to a dynojet authorized dealer and have them set ur bike up. With a full akra on a dynojet you should see 160+ hp out of your bike easy. :eek:ccasion1
I can assure you that the bike runs smooth, only thing I get is some backfiring on decel, but not much. And yes the guy didnt really know what he was doing, he runs a chopper shop and doesnt deal with sportbikes or tuning to make precision power. However, it is the only bike dyno on vancouver island. And it doesnt mean that the dyno cant be calibrated or run a little different from others, from what i hear all dynos run different.
Plus, he wasnt tuning my bike, I just wanted to see what type of numbers i would put down, and check the air/fuel while I did that.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I can assure you that the bike runs smooth, only thing I get is some backfiring on decel, but not much. And yes the guy didnt really know what he was doing, he runs a chopper shop and doesnt deal with sportbikes or tuning to make precision power. However, it is the only bike dyno on vancouver island. And it doesnt mean that the dyno cant be calibrated or run a little different from others, from what i hear all dynos run different.
Plus, he wasnt tuning my bike, I just wanted to see what type of numbers i would put down, and check the air/fuel while I did that.
Hey if you're happy man thats all that matters :badteeth:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yeah it may run decent, but it could be better. It should be a nearly straight line around 12.7ish range. If you go to an authorized tuning center, they have software that will automatically set the fuel curve to a desired value (say 12.7) based on what the a/f is read as throughout different throttle percentages and rpms.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Yeah it may run decent, but it could be better. It should be a nearly straight line around 12.7ish range. If you go to an authorized tuning center, they have software that will automatically set the fuel curve to a desired value (say 12.7) based on what the a/f is read as throughout different throttle percentages and rpms.
Thats what I was meaning to say... it may be running good for what you are used to but it could be running a lot better and getting better gas mileage :eek:ccasion1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts