Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 zx10r stretched 8 inches, lowered 2, geared up 4 in the back, and a powercomander. Just took it to the track this weekend and ran a shitty 10.3 at 138. First time i ran the bike and it still wheelied off the launch at 9000rpm and i hit the rev limiter before 3rd. i know there is alot of improvement left, but im looking for rough ideas on how to launch this bike and get the best times. it doesn't have much on the bottom end as everyone knows. i don't mind a small wheelie but this fucker stood damn near straight up and i lost to a zx14 on spray that ran a 10.0 at 151. Caught at the 1/8th and pulled hard up top. Seems like 7 or 8 and it bogs, but 9 wheelies or spins the tire if i don't heat the hell out of it. Any help woudl be appreciated. PS. No straps on the front.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I have an 04 zx10r stretched 8 inches, lowered 2, geared up 4 in the back, and a powercomander. Just took it to the track this weekend and ran a shitty 10.3 at 138. First time i ran the bike and it still wheelied off the launch at 9000rpm and i hit the rev limiter before 3rd. i know there is alot of improvement left, but im looking for rough ideas on how to launch this bike and get the best times. it doesn't have much on the bottom end as everyone knows. i don't mind a small wheelie but this fucker stood damn near straight up and i lost to a zx14 on spray that ran a 10.0 at 151. Caught at the 1/8th and pulled hard up top. Seems like 7 or 8 and it bogs, but 9 wheelies or spins the tire if i don't heat the hell out of it. Any help woudl be appreciated. PS. No straps on the front.
Can a mod. move this to "Strip Section?" Thanks

Sounds like your just dropping the clutch. A strap will help, but at 8 over and your wheelieing you need to slip the clutch a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Time slip is at home, but i ran a 1.78 60ft, can't remember the 330 off the top of my head. Guess its just something i'll have to experiment with more. Doesn't help that i got tossed after that run for not having leather pants on. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You are stacking the Rs to high. Work on your clutch hand. Also you are going to spin with 8 inches on the back, regardless of how much you heat the tire! Reduce the swing arm (if adjustable) to 3 to 4 inches and work on your clutch game. I run stock lowered 2 inches front and 2.25 rear and times are high 9. Good luck. Remember it is mostly about the left hand and not the right.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My friend just got a 05 10, we lowered, strapped it and he is 230 suited.he ran a [email protected] short times were 1.72's all day.the bike has a power commander and a Arata slip on!We are stretching it this week and adding a quick shifter and ahould go 9's soon!

·
Registered
249 Posts
you could get that bike in the 9's without stretching it. He needs to just play with his launch, move his body either left or right, front to back. The riding position leaving the line will help him get to that 330 quicker. 60' times should run 9's. I have ran a 9.93 with a 1.702 60'.

·
Registered
374 Posts
you could get that bike in the 9's without stretching it. He needs to just play with his launch, move his body either left or right, front to back. The riding position leaving the line will help him get to that 330 quicker. 60' times should run 9's. I have ran a 9.93 with a 1.702 60'.
Yeah that was his first time to the track on that bike so I know he has room for improvment!I went 9.90's on mine when it was stock wb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts