Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the first trackday of the year for me did not go very well lost the front at about 65mph figured out that the front will lose traction once you get to about 60 degree lean angle.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That sucks. Hopefully the damage isn't to bad.

Talladega GP isn't exactly known for it's traction anyway.

·
Registered
670 Posts
damn man. Thats a pretty good angle. What tires you running? How much of a difference did the secondary butterflies make?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Well that sucks i guess i will have to set my lean indicator to 59 deg. didn,t get the body banged up i hope.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The new surface they did last year has a lot of grip at Tally I was just carrying to much speed for the Bowl.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
that sucks man.......glad you are ok though!!.......how bad is the damage?.......
and again..thanks for helping me out with those rotor bolts!!......great guy here fellas!!

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
is your starter/engine cases covers ok?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the clip on and all the side fairings ram air tube and and front fairing. Stator came out fine radiator bracket is bent but no damge to radiator

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
oh that's nutthin,
I've got a stock left clip on in my spare box if you need it.
at least you didn't break your collar bone :)

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
at least its not a total loss for the rest of the season

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh that's nutthin,
I've got a stock left clip on in my spare box if you need it.
at least you didn't break your collar bone :)
I am surprised I did not break my collar bone I hit both shoulders pretty hard when I quit sliding and started tumbling I have already had 5 broken collar bones. How much you want for the stock clipon?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I am surprised I did not break my collar bone I hit both shoulders pretty hard when I quit sliding and started tumbling I have already had 5 broken collar bones. How much you want for the stock clipon?
Hey hangman let me know if 30 bucks shipped sounds fair.
How long did it take to heal/get back on the bike from the collar bone?
I'm hopping to get back on the bike in 2 more weeks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey hangman let me know if 30 bucks shipped sounds fair.
How long did it take to heal/get back on the bike from the collar bone?
I'm hopping to get back on the bike in 2 more weeks :thumbsup:

All but one of the times I broke it I was pretty much back to normal after about 5 weeks the one time it wasn't it took about 3 months but it was broke in 2 places and they thought about doing surgery but it finally healed.

30 sounds fair

·
GEN II Driver
2,891 Posts
glad you're ok. bike doesn't look too bad. did you have any type of frame sliders on your bike?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
glad you're ok. bike doesn't look too bad. did you have any type of frame sliders on your bike?
No I did not have frame sliders do not know if they would have helped since it sorta went in nose first. Will probally put some on when I get the race body on it though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts