Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if the shims are the same for the 04-05 and the 06-07 ZX-10r. I will need to reshim some valves soon an found a kit for the 04.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I can't say whether they are exactly the same, but I would say yes they are. In any case, you don't really need to buy a *kit* ... you just buy what you need when you take it apart and measure it. Hey, even here in Aus I can ring up and get the exact shims I want on my door the next day. You don't need to buy Kawasaki shims or anything, but that's up to you.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna change cam to kawasaki performance cam, just might need to shim. I dont mind buyin a shim kit, they are only like $80. I am very impatient I hate going to shop or waiting for shims to arrive.

·
Registered
159 Posts
yea me 2 lol... besides who wants to take a bike a part and wait ? lol.... quick question though guys... I have 3 bikes zx7r-zx10r 07 - and 09 zx10r ... can i get a kawi shim kit and it be universal for all 3 bikes? or do they all need there own kit?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Gonna change cam to kawasaki performance cam, just might need to shim. I dont mind buyin a shim kit, they are only like $80. I am very impatient I hate going to shop or waiting for shims to arrive.
Right on. I am going to just pick up the kit myself as well. Might as well

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
shim kit

toney, google zx10r valve spring kit, hot cams has 30 shim kit (7.48mm) in different sizes according to ur needs for $38.95, what i used. available on e bay also. good product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts