Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know in another thread it is being discussed where to mount the PCIII. The trunk is very scarce in the first place, adding a PCIII is not really a ideal answer to a already compounded problem.

I first installed mine next to the exhaust servo by moving the barometric sensor into the ecm compartment and placing the PCIII next to the servo, but I was not happy with that arrangment.

Tonight I got bored, wanted to change back over from my passanger pegs to my race hanger as I am going to a track day in about a week and needed to pull the servo cables as they are not needed anymore so I found a better location for the PCIII.

In order to do this you are probably going to have to remove the servo cables which means if you have not already you may have to unhook your servo butterfly. If you want to spend some extra time trying to modify the location you can, but I already had my servo unhooked and just needed to take the time to remove the cables.

Once the cables are off choose a under seat side panel side, I used the right side as my speedohealer is under my left side as it is closer to the speedo sensor there.

I then used the zip tie spots on the PCIII and zipped mine into place. Once the bike is buttoned up the side panel cover just barely touches the PCIII. I know some will say it is not protected in the event of rain or a fall. I dont ride in the rain nor do I wash my bike so that was not a issue, and if the bike goes down I am sure I will have other problems other than if my PCIII got any damage. The sides of the subframe in these spots are recessed in pretty far so I would think it would take a pretty hard hit to damage the PCIII.

Here is my pic of mine location.

Nice thing about this is one bolt and the tuner or you have access to the PCIII to upload maps or make changes.

Hope this helps some of you and maybe gives the 06 guys some ideas.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
hmm thats not a bad idea... I want to find this thing this guy was tellin me about that replaces the tail section on our bikes with one about the size of a 929 hoda

·
Registered
6,354 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's an excellent idea for placement of the PCIII... I'll have to copy that idea if I ever put one on my '10R... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry SGT, didnt think to search it first. Everyone was always asking about the normal locations.

You know what they say, great minds think alike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts