Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it let you extend the rev-limiter on it and does it have the quickshifter function on it like the 06/07 model race kit ecu does and what are the differences between them if any ???

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
I looked into the Kit ECU and did some homework before purchase, I have opted not to go down that route as programming is still limited .

I believe Accel are doing a completely programmable ECU with closed loop and rev extensions, I looked into the Bazzaz system too , but if you cant get your website to function then what chance do you have selling aftermarket ECU's ?
I am sure it will be a good piece eventually, just dont want to be the Guinea Pig.
I have opted for a more expensive route with Motec.

It just seems to me with the Kit ECU you should get more, and everybody elses stuff has to have too many modular add ons, and for the money and the space they take up it doesnt make sense to me anymore.

Summing up, if you want the rev extend and quickshifter then the Kit ECU is the most compact(no piggy backs) , I just wish it had closed loop control.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I looked into the Kit ECU and did some homework before purchase, I have opted not to go down that route as programming is still limited .

I believe Accel are doing a completely programmable ECU with closed loop and rev extensions, I looked into the Bazzaz system too , but if you cant get your website to function then what chance do you have selling aftermarket ECU's ?
I am sure it will be a good piece eventually, just dont want to be the Guinea Pig.
I have opted for a more expensive route with Motec.

It just seems to me with the Kit ECU you should get more, and everybody elses stuff has to have too many modular add ons, and for the money and the space they take up it doesnt make sense to me anymore.

Summing up, if you want the rev extend and quickshifter then the Kit ECU is the most compact(no piggy backs) , I just wish it had closed loop control.

I am waffling on ordering the Kawasaki ECU. Just to get rid of the piggybacks but my concern is the programing. I found something on Factory Pro's website where they were playing hell with it, at least the ZX6 version. Probably ain't much difference. They had to get some people to help them understand it. Somebody over in England and someboy at Attack.

As for closed loop I read somewhere that current technology widebands won't work for closed loop on motorcycles because the sensors can't react fast enough, especially over such a wide RPM range. I'm just reporting that, dont know for a fact. I may order the Kit ECU yet, but am trying to resist and be happy with what I have. [email protected] expensive sh!t if I cant figure it out.

JJ

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I was just lookin at those motec ECU's pretty cool...... would be nice if you could get the 8 injector system on the zx10, seems suzuki benefits from them alot, would be real nice to run 8 injectors...... but i dont know how much those kits cost and im sure it would be a project to put another row of injectors in the air box.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
4 shower injectors of an R7 , fit quite nicely.

We run Bosch Motronic closed loop on our racecars, and they function throughout the rev range.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
what about zx636 upper injector? or how does a r7 injection setup work? what year r7 or was that a typo for r6>

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
R7 OW 02 , 1998/99 had a secondary shower rail, I think you can still order the parts from Yam, there was a 135hp upgrade for the bike when it was released, I think stock was a dissappointing 105 hp.

The M800 Motec can handle 8 sequential injectors and closed loop FI amongst a million other things but expect a 9k bill by the time you have finished making horsepower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts